seek for your help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by jennifer, Aug 6, 2004.

1. jennifer

jennifer Junior Member

hello! would you please tell me how to choose certain surfaces to develop different parts of ship? In maxsurf there are many kinds of surfaces such as box , cylinder , pyramid and etc. It confused me that I have no idea to choose right surface to develop a ship . In specific way, I think a certain surface must be corresponed to a certain part of ship, but I don't know how to distinguish them. I need your help!

2. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Jennifer

Those surfaces in the add surface menu are simply example surfaces preconfigured in simple shapes. They are all plain NURBS surfaces.

To start a design you can start with the surface named Default, which is a simple 3 x 3 surface in the shape of a simple quarter cylinder. You can then add detail by adding rows and columns to the surface and increasing the surface stiffness to improve fairness.

It sounds like you need to work your way through some of the simple tutorials in the Maxsurf manual, or the ones that can be downlaoded at the Maxsurf Academic web site.

3. jennifer

jennifer Junior Member

thank you!

thanks for your kind sugessions! I think what you said mean any complicate ship can start with a simple surface such as default. I read maxsurf tutorials in your website for several times ,which gave me a lot of help when I design different ships. Maybe I have not made sense of the essence of Maxsurf, I am trying to design ships according to corresponding tutorials as more as possible. Finally thank you again.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.