Seasickness

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Nov 22, 2005.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Welly remember that green belongs to the little people or fairies (NOT that kind of FAIRY Bergalia!) so it's not a good colour to have about your person or boat! :p

As for things not to eat I guess a whisky flavoured curried fish wouln't go down to well! would come up well tho' :D

2. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

Roger phat....... will photo the beautiful piece of land later just for your viewing...... yep..... toooooo many expat complained lack of marina. Thanks for the moral support......

Indonesia and Malaysia shouldnt be enemies that what i think....... culture too similiar...... what that is our difference is the expose of different forced colonisation in olden days(DUTCH Vs BRITISH).

Kalo ada sempat jagan lupa jalan ke Kalimantan untuk lihat kita yg maksud untuk bersahabat terima kasih Ari.:D :D :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  3. Wellydeckhand

Well........... Bergalia look like a lepercaun.... because the pic avatar did not show his height........ maybe gnome like?:eek: :eek: :eek: Pardon my langauge.

As curry and whisky is a must when i study in Perth for 2 years.......... in Beaufort College........... and often forced to wash people welcome mat.

Does this goes toooo ooofff topic?....... sorry:D:D:D

4. safewalrus

Depends how much whisky you have! get enough you don't need a boat to get seasick!!:D :D

5. boltonprofiles

boltonprofiles Senior Member

Can you ever get enough?

6. safewalrus

Only when you fall over! That man's not drunk sir - I just saw his little finger move!!:D :?:

7. mariner 40

mariner 40 Junior Member

Captain Voss drank a cup of sea water each morning. He said that did the trick!!!

8. MarioCoccon

MarioCoccon Senior Member

Hi, Thanks everybody for his experiences, finally things to not do: not drink red wine, not eat aged foods, not cheese, chocolate, to much tomato and for big trips take one Vitamin C tablet before and one every 3 hours, soda cookies, and what else? If someone can add things to do and not do without will be very helpfull to a lot of people here. Iam confuse with the wine are good or not good, and whiski sounds discosting!. Thanks

9. hansp77

hansp77

Whisky disgusting! (or whiski discosting!)
    I don't know what to say,
    I am…
    I am, I am shocked, outraged.
    I am discosted.
    I mean this is place for conversations about boat design and boats in general, not this sort of judgmental political antagonistic and inflamatory (not to mention incorrect) remarks!
    Damn Mario,
    what ARE you talking about.
    With a stomach like that, no wonder you get seasick:p

10. hansp77

hansp77

Ha Ha,
    Negative Rep.
    Thats the second time I've copped it for my (discosting) jokes.
    I guess some people just don't get sarcasm.
    Of course I meant no offence to Mario, (sorry Mario!)
    and I certainly didn't mean to stop conversation on this thread…
    It is not my fault he and some poor others are not blessed (or should I say cursed?) with my insatiable thirst for whiski…
    Oops, there I go again, sorry sorry sorry.
    best to shut up now.
    Have a wee drop maybe.
    Good night.

11. MarioCoccon

MarioCoccon Senior Member

To Hansp 77, sorry about the spelling grammar, but my first language is spanish I try to be the more correct posible but sometimes I can. Don't you even try to talk spanish without a dictionary please. To all the other ones, I deside don't reply more in this thread. Hansp how you think I will tell to my wife in a open sea take a shot of whisky? Please don't reply me again. Thanks to the forum for all the help.

12. Wellydeckhand

MarioCoccon, please do not be mistaken, we welcome your input hope you'll be active in other thread...... everybody have some experience in sea:)

WDH

13. safewalrus

Mario

Please don't be offended, I'm sure the guy didn't mean it that way, and anyway YOUR imput is important! If you have the knowledge (or even if you don't) we want to know your views as these may and possibly can help other sufferers of the 'mal de mare' which to sufferers is probably the worst possible thing to have (except possibly 'arc eye' but thats something different) Incidentaly Don't worry about your English It is understandable and thats all that matters! (the guy understood whiski, it seems a pretty good effort to me!)

14. MarkC

MarkC Senior Member

Mario-

Anti-histamine tablets (travel-sick or hayfever tablets) 1 tablet 2hours before you go. Vitamin C tablets at the ready - dissolve them under your tongue. Sleep well before a journey, avoid a hangover and watch your diet.

Red wine is good for the health (heart - antioxidants) - but the histamine in red and white (plus the sulphurdioxide perservative) is not so good for your journey.

15. hansp77

hansp77

To Mario,
    I have sent you a Personal Message attempting to explain how I seriously meant you no offence.
    If I intended to offend you, then I would make that plain.
    I suppose I will have to watch my jokes, as in an international forum joking around can easily be misunderstood.
    Do we need to ban this as well as politics?? I certainly hope not.
    If I bore you ill will, then I definately would not have bothered to go to the effort to reply to your threads. As you wish, I will not reply to anymore.
    Best of luck.
    Hans.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.