SE Asia Opportunity Wanted

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by aeronautic1, Mar 10, 2015.

1. aeronautic1

aeronautic1 New Member

Sirs:

I am an American yacht captain delivering a new build MTU/Rolls Royce water-jet powered 29 meter fast catamaran from Perth, Australia to Kaohsiung, Taiwan via Indonesia and the Philippines. I am most interested in an opportunity in Southeast Asia.

Over the thirty years whilst working on various yachts, sail and power, I have learned to be not only a team leader, but a team player and efficient worker who likes to see a job done well. I get on well with people and handle stressful situations with a positive sense of humor.

My command philosophy is based on three core principles. To best serve our yacht, crew, and guests, I believe that our individual and collective effort must be rooted in the fundamental tenets of Integrity, Responsibility, and Selflessness. By adhering to these tenets in our daily routine, I believe that we are best prepared to execute the yacht's many missions.

As an engineer qualified captain, preventative maintenance schedules and planning are my specialty to ensure that the mission is good to go. I am experienced in conventional, Arneson and water-jet propulsion systems.

My goal, as captain, is to make the ownership of a yacht an enjoyable and exhilarating experience for my employer. My operational command and technical knowledge of yachts is supplemented by safety training, shipboard engineering and procedures learned while serving in the United States Coast Guard and is a valuable asset to the yacht owner.

I welcome your questions or comments. C.V. and references on request.

John Wampler
    Google "YachtAide"

2. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

Your best bet would be to submit your CV to the local Yacht Clubs as they are the one constantly seeking a yacht Captain(or crew), either on a permanent or contractual basis.

Boatbuilders or shipyards are a long shot as the need for a crew maybe down the road a year or two. It is also the owner, not the builder that seeks the crew.

3. aeronautic1

aeronautic1 New Member

Thank you

Thank you for your advice. I am canvassing all venues. I am aptly qualified as a project manager for new build, completion or re-fit.

Best regards,
    John

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.