school projet again

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by I_Dummy, May 24, 2012.

1. I_Dummy

I_Dummy Junior Member

hello everyone, thanks for helping me with my question last time. and now it comes more..

so I'm designing a large size sailing charter boat for my project this year, and because i have never done sailing before in my life, so I'm not quite sure about mooring and docking for a large size boat. I understand that they can be moored in any marina by paying a certain amount of money for each year, however, is there any other alterations? what about a mooring block?
    The reason that im asking this question is because I need to determine the size for my boat now, i have done quite a lot research for marina renting prices and it seems like as the size of the boat increase, the price increase as well. so I want to hear your opinion and suggestions of what is the better option for a larger size sail boat that used for comercial purpose and nearly used everyday, (If the boat is almost used every day and only moored at night, it will be a waste of money to rent a berth i think.)

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

To determine the size of the charter boat required, one needs to know how many passengers, length of trip, what kind of waters will she be sailed in, etc. Please give more concrete information.

3. I_Dummy

I_Dummy Junior Member

hello hoytedow, thanks for your reply.
    the boat is for nine people, and only used to sail bay of islands area in north of NZ, (sub-tropical)

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.