Rhino Marine Stability Curves

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by tallen, Nov 30, 2007.

1. tallen

tallen Junior Member

Hello, I am working on a model in Rhino Marine and I am trying to figure out how to get the stability curves. You can output to Excel and get some curves however it always places stability at 0. This is because the only way it seems to output over a range of waterlines is to use the waterline height increment which does not allow you to enter in model weight data. Is there anyway I can enter in LCG, TCG, VCG and have it plot it over a range of waterlines?

I really need to figure this out fast so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

If you are using waterlines you are defining vessel displacement by waterline so to enter a displacement would be contradictory.

Run your model upright on your first displacement and final displacement note the waterlines, tick the waterline range and enter your desired range of waterlines from the min to the max noted before.
    Enter the COG as normal. The righting moment curves will be correct for your range of waterlines (displacements).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.