Replacing Flagship manifold and risers

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by daverepair, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. daverepair
    Joined: Jun 2010
    Posts: 2
    Likes: 0, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 10
    Location: Plymouth MA

    daverepair New Member

    Hi, I am helping a friend work on a 1968 concorde cabin cruiser and I need to replace the Flagship manifolds due to non availibility of parts. The engines are 283 chevy v-8's and originally all the RW coolant went in the manifolds down the top passage and back up the lower passage into the engine where it took a traditional path thru the block and out either to the inlet of the pump (cold engine or thru the thermostat to the side passage of the manifold and out with the exhaust. does this sound familiar to anyone. How do most RW inboards flow. Any input would be great.
  2. Fanie
    Joined: Oct 2007
    Posts: 4,604
    Likes: 177, Points: 63, Legacy Rep: 2484
    Location: Colonial "Sick Africa"

    Fanie Fanie

    Well, you are lucky to live in the land of the chevy's ! When I last built a 350 up many of the places that sold these parts in the US also sold marine application parts. I'm almost 99.999% sure they will be clued up about the way your engine works if it is any different from any other ones.

    If you do get the answers elsewhere, do post here so we can also learn something.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.