Repair and remodel update

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Skua, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Skua

Skua Senior Member

The supports for the rear bulkhead, and cockpit deck

Attached Files:

2. Skua

Skua Senior Member

As I was finsishing up the rough out on the box sections, I went back to thinking about, the cracking in the cockpit deck, and how it hung inside the hull with no support, so I decided top adapt an idea I saw an another boat. That boat was a straight inboard, with a similar layout, large open deck hanging inside the hull like a tube but had these vertical cleats ? and hanging knees. As well as support for the deck and stiffening the transom, I can relocate the gas springs for the hatch to the knees. Original they were attached to thin aluminium triangle brackets, held in place by 3, #12 screws. This flexed badly and made more cracks in the drain channel.

Attached Files: