Thailand Sailing Multihulls

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Swabber, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swabber

Swabber Junior Member

Hello All,

I am looking for information on building a new sailing catamaran in Thailand.

Can I recieve information from people who have built catamarans in Thailand.

Thanks
    Swabber

2. RHP

RHP Senior Member

3. david@boatsmith

david@boatsmith Senior Member

Hows about that. A certain unnamed boat builder in Thailand threatens the forum and poof end of thread. Same boat builder is threatning Neal Hawkesford With legal action for mentioning that people were having problems with this yard. Seems to me one would spend limited time on building good boats and less time bullying people around in order to develop a reputation that did not require lawyers to defend. Is that naive? David www.boatsmithfl.com

4. RB PowerSailing

RB PowerSailing Senior Member

Hi David

Please David consider this scenario ( is an example ) : someone is using anonymous posts to say that your (www.boatsmithfl.com) carpentry uses to fall apart as they are built with timber infested by the termites . Then you spend a bunch of time trying to explain on many forums and threads that this never happened . Then other posts are questioning your ISO certification , that costed to you a small fortune .Then there are other posts that indicate yourself as a crook ,then you answer and finally get a bit tired . Just forget about this ?

We decided to file some cases against all the defamators . We hired a UK solicitor specialized in internet defamation and if Mr. Hawkesford will not remove his fake posts , will have to explain to the Court why he published these bullshits .

Yes , as they are bullshits , exactly as the termites that would infest your timber ! Is it fake David ? i think so . Never happened ?

Exactly as never happened that Mr. Creed tested and rejected his boat . This is what Hawkesford posted . It is fake . Creed did not take delivery of the boat as did not pay the final invoice . Point , that's all .

So , we started a campaign trying to defend ourself in the only possible way . The legal way . This is done exactly to save time , that we need so much with 3 boatyards on going .

I am pretty sure that if your businness would have beed the object of similar attacks from these criminals , ( yes they are criminals ) , your reaction would have been pretty much the same .

Try to think for a moment to this scenario and you could agree i hope .

Unfortunately the web is daily used and abused by any kind of persons ; You can surf and will find anonymous posts attacking everybody and showing unreal scenarios .

To cut it short , tired to answer to offences and calumnies , i asked Mr. Warren to remove all the posts from his blog and he kindly did it , i did the same with Boatdesign and others . I filed 2 cases in Thailand against 2 posters of Boatdesign , both cases accepted by the Thai Authorities .

I am very open to criticisms to our products as they are questionable as everything else in the world . Good criticisms can help us to improve our quality and are taken in careful consdieration .

I will not accept posts where fake allegations are reported .

Bullying ??!!.... i would more precisely say ....defending a reputation .

Over 100 boats over 30' delivered by RB .. so there is something to defend , or not ?

I guess Mr. Hawkesford don't know a lot about the case of that Tiki 38 . But this is exactly where is his mistake . He is reporting and posting a bunch of bullshits that are just absurd . The boat is here , already confiscated , never payed , with everything confirmed and agreed in written with Mr. Creed , but he don't bother to ask to himself : should i check better before write down that the Yard cheated the customer ?? No , he knows already all , by Creed's mouth obviously . Then , straight to the keyboard and publish everything . Can he proove what he wrote ? if he can , then he is right and no matter to worry too much . If they are fake allegations ,and we can easily prove it , that better to remove them as they can damage the reputation of a Boatyard that got the legal right to claim for the damages to the author of the post .

Bye

5. Swabber

Swabber Junior Member

Hello RHP,

WOW....I could not read all the blogs from the many angry customers....too many....thanks for the tip !!!! seems it pays to be very careful when looking for a boat builder in Thailand.....seems all the anger is aimed at one builder !

I see one guy asked about a Thailand Better Business Bureau....I could not find a answer posted.... Is there a Boat Builders Association or a other group that monitors boat building in Thailand ?

are there Thailand government laws regarding boat building and any safety codes ?

Thanks
    Swabber

6. RB PowerSailing

US Regulations

And in Your Country ?

Bayliners built in Your country are very famous all over the world . Not for the quality .

WOW !! What a tip ..... Idiot .

1 person likes this.
  7. rzj7l2

rzj7l2 Junior Member

enough

I think enough has been said on this, enough bashing from both sides
    Due dilligence and care is mandatory.

-
    si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

8. fullcave

fullcave Junior Member

So about how much money do you calculate this “Mr. Creed” character actually lost in this little fiasco?:confused:

9. RB PowerSailing

RB Tiki 38

Dear Sir ,

The boat is not a fiasco , but a very nice boat , appreciated by everybody , including by Mr. Creed , in docens of emails .

And about your question , by the way , RB lost too as we don't have received our payment as foreseen .

Tks

RB

Attached Files:

10. Swabber

Swabber Junior Member

Hello All,

Ops, looks like I hit a nerve !!

Just looking to avoid the problems the other buyers experienced.

Be careful...asking questions on this forum.... you can be called a Idiot !!

Regards
    Swabber

11. fullcave

fullcave Junior Member

True, but you do have possession of the boat and whatever money was paid you up until last installment, so you got yourself pretty well covered.;)

12. RB PowerSailing

Tiki

Yes , but this boat has been built with a very low profit that ended up being zero after some hundreds of modifications (unpaid of course ).

We had to register the boat and pay the taxes and insurance ( all together we are talking of over 6k $ , i guess ) , we had to pay the Marina ( in Pattaya a good 100 US$/day ;) ) , we had to move the boat to Kho Chang and rent a mooring there and pay a person to be in charge of the boat .... nothing is free in the life .

So we got some 60,000 US$ outstanding .

construction cost : not covered
    profit : zero
    time lost : huge
    boat : still costing every day
    recover of the outstanding amount : still to find a way

The Client had to suffer his losses too ; but he is the only responsible for this . RB is suffering some losses , as for other person's mistakes .

Many Yards ( and sometimes we do it as well ) ask a L.C. for the full amount before start the construction . This way , we would have avoided this problem .

About the possession of the boat : this is only a responsability and a problem for us .

13. RB PowerSailing

i guess it is not the first time in your life ;)

14. Bruce Woods

Bruce Woods Senior Member

So the marina in Pattaya costs US$100/day. ie 365,000 US $ per year?

mmmmm. Are you purchasing the Marina or just a berth . It may be cheaper to purchase a new boat every time you feel like a sail, and then burn it afterwards.

15. propshaft

propshaft Junior Member

1. I guess 100$ per day gives 36,500 per year, not 365,000?
    2. I think You've never owned a boat. Marina charges from visitors/temporary stay is much higher.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.