Maxsurf Stability Help

Discussion in 'Stability' started by burley1, May 2, 2015.

1. burley1

burley1 Junior Member

Hi there
    I am currently working on a powerboat to comply with ISO 12217-1. The project is for a university project and I am running the calculations in Maxsurf Stability.

When I start analysis the software comes up with a warning (6.3.2 Rolling in beam waves and wind - Error with area integration limits).

Can anyone help with explaining what this means and how can I resolve it?

Tanks fellow designers!

Jack

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

They can be multiple causes, poorly constructed model, evil entered parameters ... It is not easy to analyze what happens without more data because, surely, there is not a program error but an user's mistake.

3. burley1

burley1 Junior Member

Thanks for the quick responce TANSL.

True that it would not be a program error. The hullform is a supported monohull. Could the complex hullform confuse the program?

Cheers
    Jack

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Could I analyze your model ?. You can send it to my email, if you want to protect your design.

5. burley1

burley1 Junior Member

If you could have a look at what I'm doing wrong that would be amazing. How can I send it? There is no way I can attach it.
    Thanks
    Jack

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

7. burley1

burley1 Junior Member

On reviewing my work this morning I have found that my vessel is not required to comply with section 6.3 as it is a category C vessel. The vessel is now complying to the standards!

Thank you for all your help.
    Jack

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.