Prop-er proceedure

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Kitlani, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Kitlani

Kitlani New Member

Greetings people,
    This is my first post on this forum and I haven't, as yet, searched all the forums categories, so if my question is redundent or mis-placed please direct me to a better starting place.
    I am working on a hand-pump powered kayak where the mechanism I've created will give me 75-150 revs on a flex-cable, per pump action. First, I am trying to find a supplier for small props, 2-6 inch diameter, preferably with a cowl around the prop. Secondly, does anyone know if there is any chart which may tell me the proplusion I can achieve with a small prop with limited horsepower, using different blade angles (rake?, feather?) Most of the info I've found is for 6" and up.
    Does anyone know of a small water-jet unit which might do the same. I am only after a typical kayak speed of 4-8 knots, nothing more exciting.
    I've worked on many design alterations and have been about 60 % successful over the long haul. Sailing, to me, offers up the most potential for creation, but motoring has its pleasures and unknowns too. :?:

-ray-

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.