phd economics

Discussion in 'Education' started by gio_da, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Do not waste your time in academic alchemy...

With time on your hands - - -
    Take up cooking, (not "hort-cotoure - cheffery"), but fair-dinkum wholesome food preparation and healthy diet portions...

consider
    The GOOD
    Supplying such FRESH locally produced vegetables, fruit, nuts, spices and lean meats as such quality cooks above would appreciate in fresh, ripe (ready to eat), reliable local supplies in season, There is a significant difference between the supply of LOCAL healthy seasonal foods so produced using natural compost, soil conditioning through crop rotation, companion planting & Permaculture, - - without insecticides, pesticides, herbicides and so on . . . - a sort of franchise operation self-employing the elderly? supplying the 50 to 150 households or so within walking distance would also create other benefits like a COMMUNITY SPIRIT...

The BAD
    - - The undesirable consequence of what you get on supermarket shelves which are mostly picked immature (for size consistency, shelf life and visual appearance), and the use of dubious chemicals and artificially manipulated genetic modification with the unknown impact of "future collateral damage" - - sadly, all that is available is "food" that has travelled hundreds of miles and is out of season . . .
    and The UGLY
    - - Modern society is suffering because supermarket choices are making everyone FAT, LAZY & STUPID and SHORTENING healthy LIFE by indulging in lots of SWEET stuff, HIGH in the wrong fats, and HIGH in carbohydrates, well beyond our needs, in OVERSIZE portions that are wasted . . .

The HOPE
    - - is that people will discover
    that fruit and other food is best when; LOCALLY GROWN, IN SEASON, selected for being a NATURAL product, having GOODNESS, TASTE, and demonstrate that we all are able to enjoy a healthy eating lifestyle...

2. goodwilltoall

goodwilltoall Senior Member

Austrian economics always proves it self as the best and only true school of the discipline, its teachings are really laws and not theory like keynesaism which teaches you to manipulate for awhile until reality set in, then it falls upon you like a hammer, you then have three options facing you.

1. Admit failure, repent, and go the right course (if possible best outcome). 2. Rationalize, continue to manipulate, decieve and lead your countrymen to anguish 3. The laws of ecomomics have come to full fruitition and your theories can no longer sustain themselves and function in the real world...ie...communism, socailism, facism which are all just varying degrees of one another, you are then OUT OF A JOB and good ridance.

For a job in naval economics the best options seem to be Danish or Korean shipbuilders who would find that useful maybe even upper atlantic defense industries specializing in warships (for reasons stated above, that enterprise in unsustainable), also try world wide ship builders that accomodate the energy sector both in exploration and transport.

Know of fresh architects who when the market here siezed up, rather than loathing and self pity, they took the leap and went to China, recieved maybe 33-50% of the salary available in US but immediately gained big time project experience, along with many other useful resume attributes. Now they speak about it glowingly, enjoyed the people and culture, found China advancing and progressing very quickly.

Homesickness and culture shock will occur and you need to adapt and evolve (thats true evolution) but without a doubt big time opportunities available overseas. Even with China being communistic its shedding authoritharianism and tyranical rule which is the real reason of its economic success. OTOH the US is going in the opposite direction and the results are plain to see. You just cant jump start an economy with the oppressive rules, taxes, and regulations bearing upon people, as with Obama's comment about government being the cause of economic success rather than recognizing the exact opposite-people gave government the money and consent for it to gain the power it has today.

Until that mindset changes, the negative consequences for the laws of economics will continue to bear down and the three options await whether you choose to take action or not.

Also bear in mind, many in authority want these negative results for secretive ulterior motives (never let a disaster go by without making it an opportunity to move forward your agenda, Mr Rahm), whether that disaster is natural or man made.

1 person likes this.
  3. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi goodwilltoall,
    Except possibly the objective of sustainable enterprises may suggest that more transport vessels for energy may not be appropriate (3rd para)...

4th para is a bit over the top - ask tunnels - I think it is - sort of slow to implement unless persistently reminded as the culture is heavily into "tradition" - difficult to overcome when introducing new technology :D :D

I feel China is no nore "communistic" than USA as you yourself suggested all colours of the derelict Keynesian theory, bent to meet the regeme motives, - A theory which has been subverted and corrupted in USA and Europe to meet the 'banksters' needs and aspirations of fraud, theft and manipulation and 'all for them and screw everyone else'... Their behaviour is now public and documented by Australia's "National Broadcaster" this morning (Sunday) http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/abcnews24/201207/programs/NU1254H003D2012-07-22T073130.htm

Sorry about the DEAD link but I have sent an email requesting information, as much of the ABC24 and other ABC content seems to be available online but sadly often not the stuff of interest that I have missed seeing on TV (as I do not watch often)...

I understand that Tunnels is enjoying the challenges and seeing the country and appreciating the experiences in cross cultural understanding (definately not the place to say things like "In USA we do it this way because it is right, / best / or the only way" - rather - suggest that this way may be found to ensure a lighter and stronger and possibly more economical way to achieve the results required... - - All a matter of maintaining 'face", dignity, and pride in the work at hand - - and not coming across as a bombastic, arrogant and self-important turd.... - - Otherwise known as "applied diplomacy"...

All in all, sage advice and well put - Thanks sir - points forwarded...

4. Silver Raven

Silver Raven Senior Member

Gooday all. Masalai - does that mean I can still catch some fish - trawling - while going from 1 place to another - - clean fish - - save some bits for the crab pots - to get more 'omega 3' & fish oil - - eat some fish raw - - cook some fish to eat later - - dry some fish for 'jerky' which can last for a very long time without refrigeration & is great substitue for a candy snack but far healthier.

Then we coould get into a conversation about coconuts & the many ways to use the whole of the coconut including - fire-wood - oil - medicine - candy etc etc.

Now all I need is to win a big lottery to be able to afford the land - near some peaceful people that want to do some communinal work - as we all grow older gracefully. WOW I wish. Ciao, james

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi SR,
    Inside Australia and travelling N or S inside the shelter of the GBReef Yes in MOST areas... Anchored and diving, - - check with GBRMPA (Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority) Management who have free maps of what you can do where... Or SHOULD HAVE.........

I too would certainly appreciate a modest lottery win (200k to 500k) but first, to be in it so that one may win it, one must buy tickets regularly... :eek: :p

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi gio_da,
    Here is another reason why "economics" is a loosing direction to follow... http://www.gata.org/node/11599 "Paul Craig Roberts: World financial system now can be sustained only by fraud" - - According to the writer, it seems he is blaming USA congress and banksters:-
    - - Does this mean that the U.S. and U.K. financial systems can be kept afloat only by fraud that harms purchasers of interest rate swaps, which include municipalities advised by sellers of interest rate swaps, and those with saving accounts?
    - - The answer is yes, but the Libor scandal is only a small part of the interest rate rigging scandal. The Federal Reserve itself has been rigging interest rates. How else could debt issued in profusion be bearing negative interest rates?
    - - As villainous as they might be, Barclays bank chief executive Bob Diamond, Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan, and Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs are not the main villains. The main villains are former Treasury Secretary and Goldman Sachs Chairman Robert Rubin, who pushed Congress for the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act, and the sponsors of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley bill, which repealed the Glass-Steagall Act. Glass-Steagall was put in place in 1933 in order to prevent the kind of financial excesses that produced the current ongoing financial crisis.
    - - President Clinton's Treasury Secretary, Robert Rubin, presented the removal of all constraints on financial chicanery as "financial modernization." Taking restraints off of banks was part of the hubristic response to "the end of history."

and this author does not seem to understand 'political terminology', so credibility is then somewhat lost, you should note that the various ' - isms' are tools of the moneylenders (the reserve banks and their owners - what used to be called 'the Merchant Banks'... - - " -- the repeal of Glass-Steagall, the removal of limits on debt leverage, the absence of regulation of OTC derivatives, the removal of limits on speculative positions in future markets -- that caused the ongoing financial crisis. No doubt but that JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, and others were after maximum profits by hook or crook, but their opportunity came from the neoconservative triumphalism of "democratic capitalism" and its historical victory over alternative socio-politico-economic systems."

neoconservative triumphalism of "democratic capitalism" is code for all you fools, suckers and deluded followers who adhere to the gospel as espoused by mainstream media's brainless talking heads... the event history seems to be reasonably close to how it happened... You the citizens will pay for the fraud and manipulation of the FED and Banksters and so will your children and their children and more... You the good and trusting people of USA will suffer the consequences of your placid inaction...

Sorry I got a bit excited and angry, but I hope many of you take heed and do some dilligent research... - GATA is careful to verify the facts behind what it publishes and the views of others are their own views... People it is well beyond "wake-up" time...

7. Silver Raven

Silver Raven Senior Member

Gooday 'masa' - I have just put 20 cents into my phone & phoned GBRMPA & it worked - financial melt-down has not stuffed my phone - yet ! ! So they - GBRMPA have - hard copies - 1 set of which I'll pick-up today or tomorrow (free of charge) is the new revised - maps (or charts) of 'fishing zones' within the 'authorities areas' - from Brisbane to Cairns - for - - trawl-line fishing - from Bris north - - In general - with a few exceptions - it is legal to do that - GBRMPA says so. That's the latest from the 'head-honcho' here in Cairns.

So 1/ you can trawl a line legally 2/ you can - if you can - catch - prep & eat fish - all the way from Bris to Cairns.

So happy travelling & eating. Ciao, james - @ 10* & far to cold. jj

8. masalai

masalai masalai

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I reckon one must be wrong --either one could be wrong therefore both could be.

10. masalai

masalai masalai

I personally like this one from USA... It is always up to date, or "up yours" or something or other :D :D
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/ anyhow it has more stuff flashing and counting (bling?)...

bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, bling-bling, - Oh for goodness sake, answer the bloody phone....

11. masalai

masalai masalai

12. BPL

BPL Senior Member

And how much money have you made following the casey research advice so far?

13. masalai

masalai masalai

I don't, - - I read, watch and laugh insanely ?, - - because most markets are "rigged", - - fingers and other stuff burnt :D :D :p I have enough and live contentedly watching vegetables and fruit trees grow and rejoice in natures bounty...

14. masalai

masalai masalai

"46.5 Million Americans, Record 22.3 Million US Households, On Foodstamps; 8,753,935 On Disability" from ZeroHedge, - Please be careful and be prepared...

"Cuba to end Soviet-style economy and will implement market friendly policies" - - Cuba is becoming more attractive as an offshore base...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbyF_17GTNA&feature=g-all-u - - A view to give you room for thought... but not particularly my view...

And a random thought I favour :- wise words from the Dalai Lama and listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsvpwQH_pE&feature=related Russian pianist Boris Berezovsky with Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto n° 2

Attached Files:

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I never take financial advice from some one that has less money then me.

Would you take swimming lessons from a man that cant swim.

And I don't reads stories in newspapers that are sold to make money. Rupert Murdoch should have cured you of that.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.