Personal recreation underwater vehicle

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by jpanayotou, Mar 29, 2002.

1. jpanayotou

jpanayotou New Member

Dear boaties,

I am currently a final 4th year Industrial Design university student studying at the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia. The final year course extends over an 8 month period consisting primarily of a major research dissertation/thesis and a following design product.

I am proposing to focus the design towards a personal recreation underwater vehicle. The first semester of the course will involve a detailed research and analysis phase that will result towards the research dissertation/thesis. The knowledge and experience gained through this will provide relevant information to implement towards the design process and eventual product. The critical research and analysis phase involves an understanding of the following:

 Technology review
     Ergonomic/human factors
     Materials exploration and manufacturing liaison
     Component and assembly cost/sourcing
     Environmental and safety issues
     Product engineering
     Existing product range

Through study of the supportingwebsite, I realised boatdesign.net is focused towards boat builders and designers. Although not dirctly related towards my project, I am hoping to gain positive feedback that you view as being suitable.

In approaching your site I have been informed by my university supervisor that I need to approach possible stakeholders who may be in a position to provide guidance towards my project; individuals who are able to provide professional experience and expertise towards the design project. The potential is to gain contact with relevant assistance throughout the 8 month period focussing on such aspects as:

 Water properties and hydrodynamics
     Vehicle propulsion, with a direct reference to free energy sources and self powering motion
     Breathing apparatus
     Buoyancy
     Safety and environmental considerations
     Noise and vibration
     Mechanical and electrical engineering
     Ergonomics/human factors
     Materials and waterproofing
     Lighting
     Water pressure, and its effect towards the product and humans
     Existing product range
     Existing marine life

Through this initial contact with supporting individuals I am looking to gain approval and positive support towards the final design project. In addition, if you are able to provide me with the names of alternative contacts or manufacturers in related fields would be greatly appreciated.

I am hoping to hear from anyone in the near future and look forward to the potential of your support towards my design project.

With many thanks

John Panayotou

2. Admin

Admin Administrator

3. mitch

mitch Junior Member

For more information about subs. Try contacting Electric Boat Corp. They designe and build subs for the U. S. Navy. For a help in searching for thier web site ,just try searching for subs. I bet they will have a web site Neal

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.