centre board for nacelle

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by tonysuncat, Jul 1, 2012.

1. tonysuncat

tonysuncat Junior Member

It is my first post so here goes.
    I wjsh to do away with my full length mini keels and replace them with a centreboard or dagger board in the centre of the cat
    My nacelle is touching the water and run to the middle beam and is solid grp 12mm thick .
    What would be the cheapest way to get better<any>windward preformance without taking up yo much cckpit space
    How deep would the foil have to go
    Could i try and buy a second hand case of a f28 or similar production boatTThe clearance is 800mm water to deck
    The cat is a crother 10 sports beach marine and does not sail to windward

2. warwick

warwick Senior Member

From what I understand the Len Surtess catamarans use a center board in a central accommodation pod. It might be worth a look at, for ideas. There is a thread for the Len Surtess Catamaran, as well Len has his own web site. the thread at present can be found on page 2 mid way down.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.