PdStrip on windows XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by PdStripGui, Jul 6, 2011.

1. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

This gives a good idea of the framework interface needed (input side). What I wonder is if the output values (calculated from these inputs) returns values that 'seed' the next computation. In other words, the output is a snapshot in linear time (array of 3d points), the next round of computing is a snapshot in the next 'timeframe', the third iteration is the next timeframe, etc etc. One execution per frame (like a video frame in time) and each frame (the output values from the last frame) provides the values for the next frame in time. so it needs to fire sequentially upon a time frame to provide a sequence of video frames. Notice the array values after wave steepness/wave height. The following values (looks like array vals) are what needs to be reseeded on a timeframe (with computed vals from last frame outputs)......possibly?

This might be why it is hard to determine how it should be used. If that is the case then this should be a simple matter to get up and running.

2. yipster

yipster designer

downloaded the compiler recomended, dont know but reading up on how to execute

3. yipster

yipster designer

and a pic

Attached Files:

4. yipster

yipster designer

i'm pretty dumb, havent found the right manual and give up for now :eek:

5. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

Bill, I think you are labouring under the belief that pdStrip is a time-domain code. It isn't. The output is the vessel response to a certain incident wave frequency.

The Wiki has a definition of some of the output files (including the responses), but I haven't yet found any concrete evidence to prove whether they are position, velocity or acceleration RAOs. If anyone works it out could they post it on the wiki?

Thanks,

Tim B.

6. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

If that's the actual state of the things, then this software is useless. :eek:

7. yipster

yipster designer

was just wondering bout the state of it becouse i would like to see what it can do. maybe ask the devellopers?

8. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

Could do, at the risk of admitting my only too extensive ignorance. I have a time-domain code underway, but at the moment I'm just too busy to compare results.

Daiquiri, I agree, it is rather important to understand the output!

Tim B.

9. CaptBill

CaptBill CaptBill

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.