ORC VPP subscription

Discussion in 'Software' started by balazs rozgonyi, Oct 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. balazs rozgonyi

balazs rozgonyi New Member

Hi

I imagine a few people here have access to an orc VPP design subscription so it made sense to ask here. I am thinking about buying it to improve/experiment on my boat with new sails sizes and shapes and so see the resulting changes on the polars. They already have my hull form and the polar they created for my existing sails (during orc certification) is pretty close so it’s a good start.

does anybody know if:
    -you can change any sail number, add any sails, and create any number of polars?
    -can you access multiple boats or only one boat?
    -is there any way to have it calculate under TWS 6kts? I’m specifically looking at light wind performance
    -can I do ‘reefing’? The other thing I want to see if I make sails larger, do I need to reef earlier?

thanks
    Balazs

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.