Old Boat related advertisements

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by viking north, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Thanks for that George. The copy (Ad speak for words) is good English, using the language as once it was understood by us. Last sentence, first paragraph, although there should be a "u" in "favourite". :):)

Lifting and repositioning the backrest for the helm is something I had not thought of doing. It's a very good idea. I have purchased a set of plans for the DE25.

http://www.bateau.com/studyplans/DE25Cockpit_study.htm?prod=DE25Cockpit

It is my intention to place the cooker to port and dinette to starboard. In such an arrangement, I would have designed a type of backrest that was used on trams when they reversed direction. The conductor would pass down the tramcar, pushing all the backrests, so the passengers would face the new direction of travel. Ah, the good old days of the early 1950s, when trams took me to school along Willis Street in Wellington NZ. Now there are trollebuses and that's also great. I love Streetview. :cool:

Regards,

Perry

2. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Yes one of the reasons i get a kick out of these old ads. Thought that seat/table/bed arrangement was neat.I've been driving myself crazy with what to do in my homebuilt motorhome to facilitate just that combination. I am also going to have a go at making use of this design in my new build.The key here of course is top quality foam and tayloring. I like the DE25--there are two companies here that build a very similar craft-- Royal Sea and another from Newfoundland but the name has slipped my brain--will try to locate it. They are very well rated craft here. Over on another thread under "Design" "Where did we go wrong" the boys are talking galleys/cooking/menues. The crock was mentioned several times --funny we use it often at home and in the motorhome but never thought of it for the boat --excellent idea.--