OK its got nothing to do with boating, lost dog

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Boston, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

staff sargent in charge of food.

2. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

How did you manage that one, if it's safe to admit it in public? According to Wikipedia, "A service dog is a type of assistance dog specifically trained to help people who have disabilities including visual or hearing impairment, and also to help people with mental disabilities including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and severe depression."

I doubt that a disability like being unable to attract the attention of hot little Latinas without a dog legally qualifies....

I once had a Lab/Golden Retriever mix, who came into being because big fat black Lab's are better at climbing fences than you might think. I picked her up as a pup, next door to a house I was building.

At the end of the first day I went looking for her. I found her asleep under a saw bench, with a pile of sawdust on her. The saw was a Makita, and that became her name.

I was trucking along down Hollywood Boulevard one day when she was half-grown, and a gorgeous gal with an incredible French accent came up to me (why does a French accent sound so good on a woman, and so retarded on a man?) The conversation went like this:

"That is such a beautiful dog! What is her name?"

"Umm.... Makita...."

"What a wonderful name! Please tell me, what does it mean?"

"Umm.... well, actually it's a Japanese power saw company."

"Oh.... Well, it still sounds like a lovely name...."

As you can tell, I'm at my magnificent best when suddenly confronted by beautiful, sexy women with intriguing accents.

3. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Dont leave him out in the sun too long.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Well I didn't really do much, dog pretty well knows the routine. I met some guy who trains dogs out eating somewhere when I was talking about the dog ( he was sleeping under my seat at the time ) to a friend. Guy walks up and says he's an alpha dog trainer and thought I should get him evaluated by someone he knows. OK so I called them, turned out they register service dogs once they go through there training. I said the dog seems pretty well trained, they said bring him in and we'll see, so I did. Dog passed with flying colors. Did all the stuff he had to do to get the base registration. So I registered him. cost me about $75. I can't take much credit for it, he just pretty much does whatever you tell him.

I just got in from the club and the little guy even bulls eyed the newspapers I left down for him just in case he really needed to go and I wasn't around. Its ridiculous how well manored this dog is. Oh and I don't think he's feeling all that well. I caught some fool drunk jerk earlier at the bar I was having dinner at feeding him something, I hadn't thought he'd eaten any buy maybe he did cause he really had to go, if you know what I mean. Thank all the gods he nailed the papers and that I remembered to leave the doors open so he could get to them.

Its all him, I just feed him and keep him amused. Oh and I don't have to have a disability in order for him to be a licensed service dog, he's just gotta pass the test. I can be his owner, handler, trainer or person in need of assistance. Dogs a nationally registered service dog, he can go anywhere regardless.

5. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Well good luck with all that. A dog is sure a good friend to have around.

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

someone posted this to me on another forum and it, unfortunately brings the reality into grim focus

really glad I didn't bring him into the pound

1 person likes this.
  7. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Many copies of that around the web, here's one on the 2008 Craigslist . . . now we need people to follow it up :idea:

You're doing a good job Boston [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Angel

8. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Yep. We have to give Boston a thumbs up on that one.

9. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

OMG, Hoyte. You can't be serious. Give a liberal hedonist positive rep?!?:D

1 person likes this.
  10. hoytedow

...... :p :p

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Wow we could do with some of that round here. I have to wear trainers these days when going for a ride on my bicycle. Ive got **** outside my gate right now , the missus (im busy) has to go out with a plastic bag on her hand and shift it, I can hear her wretching from the stink, ( Im still busy).

Thier poor little eyes!! they think they are going for a walk, what like the jews?

If there is too many then there is too many there is no quick way to heaven.

Im sorry but I gotta say it The somalians,-- they got no friking food but at least 2 kids and not a man in sight. You think Im not concerened too, but WTF.

I got loads of food, Ive got a big bowl of curry simering now, if I thought for one moment that it woulr get there I would send it but no Im asked to send money for the leader.

its ok,-- Ille be alright in a minute.

12. hoytedow

If we sent them to N Korea they would be the main course on the cruise ship. I doubt they would have such a humane end, either.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I actually know a bit about this although the Thais would vomit at the thought of eating dog thier neighbours the Vietnames do not, but it has to be black. I dont know why.

A bit of road kill is opportunist in Vietnam and laos, cambodia etc

If you club it round the head with 3x2 or a Toyota whats the difference.

14. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

You gotta love "thread drift", 'eh Boston!

-Tom

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Dont --under any circumstance ever ever ask me to tell you what happened when a friend of mine went to the pig farm to buy a pig to BBQ-- dont.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.