ocean conditions are changing due to Rapid Global Climate Shift

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Boston, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Winter is just starting here when the sun has reached its souternmost point, yet it keeps getting colder while the sun's track keeps moving northward. There is a certain lag time to consider, even in solar cycles as in seasons.

http://www.abd.org.uk/solar_activity.htm

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

very misleading graphs that link presents
    lets look at those for a moment

These two graphs are of wildly different resolution, check the dates and it becomes pretty apparent that the correlation that once existed between sun cycle and temp is long out of the picture

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

hmmm
    looks like they don't want anyone presenting there graphs to the public other than themselves, kinda says it all eh, well that and this darling quote I found on there web site

whats really kinda funny is that once they present these graphs as representing a lag in climate reaction they then point out that the lack of sun spots in the 1645 ~ 1715 time frame "corresponds" with a cool period.

Doesn't sound like a very credible assessment of the data, I wonder who wrote that op ed piece?

The Association of British Drivers

and who are the Association of British Drivers

well thats a surprise

its a lobby group

Sorry Hoyt but there data is way off as has been shown on the climate thread numerous times Rapid Global Climate Shift has precluded many previous driving forces.

cheers
    B

3. Alex.A

Alex.A Senior Member

There was a very interesting documentary called "who killed the electric car". Discussed global warming at length - the bit i remember was that the earth hasn't been hotter than it is now.... more disinformation!!!
    RECOMMENDED VIEWING.

4. wardd

wardd Senior Member

what freedoms?

new rule, when taking freedoms is mentioned examples have to be given

5. mark775

mark775 Guest

Bos, Like Gonzo says, just extend your graphs to the left and it looks like we're freezin' our asses off. Come-on, buddy - even if there were some "A" in AGW, the solution is more horrible than the problem and though some cannot comprehend "loss of freedom" (Wad), because it has been incremental all of our lives - we have reached a tipping point and this would be a big one (and expensive).
    Today, as we argue this, because some lunitic blew a gasket in Arizona and nobody caught it, there will be an attempt on gun freedoms. Yesterday, it was Happy Meals in California, last week incandescent light bulbs. All of these will have unintended consequences and, at some point, we become subjects to the state. Is that part of your Utopian picture?

Your graphs show what their author wanted to show. I prefer more tangible devices like...the freezing cold outside.

6. wardd

wardd Senior Member

not having a 30 round mag is a loss of freedom?

what about my freedom to shoot a machinegun in my back yard?

7. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Most of Florida should be underwater in time; I think I'll stay in the frozen North and help fight off the refugees - it will be one of the few places on Earth where the weather gets better ...

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

we've been over this to many times over on the climate thread and its a done deal. The "rate" of change is whats altered and not change itself.

speaking of which how far "left" on that graph would you like to look. There is a clear and unmistakable deviation form the normal rate of change in the last hundred years or so.

[​IMG]

The issue is no longer if change is happening but what preparations do we need to make given that the gubment has been paid off by the oil and gas giants to ignore the problem. Is it going to be more or less safe living on the water given the upcoming changes in climate.

here's CO2 over the same time frame

[​IMG]

Thing is the science was settled way back in the 1930's when the concept was first put together and confirmed almost 50 years ago by the theory making its now famous accurate predictions. The only reasonable thing to do is prepare for the storm so to speak.

9. mark775

mark775 Guest

"not having a 30 round mag is a loss of freedom?" - Not having a 30 round mag is a loss of freedom.

"what about my freedom to shoot a machinegun in my back yard?" - Have a good time if you have the room and are being safe about it. I highly recommend a suppressor.

Bos, I don't know if you are disingenuous on this topic, afraid, or what. That graph didn't go back far enough either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpWa7VW-OME

10. mark775

mark775 Guest

11. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

What I don't get is how banning certain size magazines changes anything. Won't I just need 2 smaller mags to go on my rampage? Also, I could certainly cut my mag at the bottom and turn it into a super mag with 50 rounds.

12. Boston

Boston Previous Member

now thats some fear mongering complete with ominous music
    a bunch of clips from the Great Global Warming swindle is hardly science Mark. CH4 was even forced by the BBC watchdog group to print a retraction for misrepresenting both the data and the opinions of various participants.

we can look back quite a ways before we get to any real large deviations in the temp analysis

[​IMG]

most people would call that a nice steady cycle however as you get closer to these last hundred years or so the graph does something never seen before. Spikes wildly upward from the highpoint. I believe thats unique in the last say million years or so or the time of the development of the human species. Kinda bodes ill for all of us if the climactic conditions in which our species developed are disappearing

we've been over this on the climate thread so I might recommend you read through over there to gain a better understanding. It will save a lot of repeating ourselves. The simple truth is that the science was settled many many years ago so no point dredging up 50 and 60 year old questions concerning the basics. The issue is what kind of preparations might be needed today to deal with the deteriorating climate. If I'm going to live on the water again I will need to make adjustments for the altered and altering conditions.

13. mark775

mark775 Guest

Yeah, I was avoiding that, Cat. The less these types know about it, I'm coming to think, the better. Yes, it is easy to make an extension so if they are illegal, only criminals will have them. Yes, it takes just a second or two to change a mag. Yes, a sharp machete could have killed as many people as a gun in this incident but sharp objects aren't yet on their RADAR. They come after guns on the list of priorities.
    004.jpg
    Mags I had in this room for a photo op. The sidearm mags, which one must train to change quickly, take from two to four seconds, depending on model. Even a revolver takes only three seconds with a speed-loader.
    The incident in Arizona was unfortunate, but no amount of lawmaking will banish "crazy". http://hotair.com/greenroom/archive...ng-with-anti-gun-and-anti-speech-legislation/

14. wardd

wardd Senior Member

what legitimate need is there for 30 round mags?

15. mark775

mark775 Guest

May I ask, Wad, how much bottled water you have?