no wonder the secret service cleared the deck

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by yipster, May 23, 2007.

1. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

No wonder the secret service....

The Duke was incognito at the time....

Morrisons...pah...east coasters. Small dumpy people with bow legs. Not all all like us tall, graceful, fair-of-faced, west coasters.....:)

2. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Yeah, the first two suffer from cooties, i'm afraid. Campaign reform would do it too, so I guess all we have to do is get our congressmen to... oh wait. They might not get re-elected. Hmmmm. Catch-22.

3. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Now don't get sensitive... but do your daughters look anything like that picture of you in the red outfit?

4. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Yes they were lucky Alan, they have my looks. Have added a photo of their mother to show you just how lucky their escape.
    Picture, by the way taken at Captain James Cooks true birthplace - Staithes in North Yorkshire. God knows who that is she has on her knee...some old drunk probably....

I've added a pic of Staithes (for our Australian readers). Cook's birthplace is alleged to be the seventh house counting from the right. The small white cottage near to the bridge. If you visit - I recommend the 'local' - the 'Cod and Lobster.' They even sell ice-cold beer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  5. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Looks to be a proper birthplace for the Great Captain.

She did have bow legs Berg. But they were strong & stout. I always felt she could kick an Oak Tree over. Nice & top-heavy though :)

Was somewhat pycho though, so she most of had some West Coast blood in her.

Tim

6. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

7. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

I heard in old day England you could pay to mess with the mental patients. Poor souls. And I claim English blood. Atrocities know no ethnic barriers though :(

Take care Sir.

Tim

8. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Now-a-days we just vote to put them in Parliament.:mad:

9. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

True Bergalia and in our case most of them seem to come from Scotland!! Now there's a thing!!

10. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Hi Walrus...out on licence again ? But the point is most of the Scots asylums are overflowing with English and American visitors caught wearing kilts....:)

11. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Alan, Tim,

Want to very much, but can't ... argue with all you've said.
    You've got Florida wrong, though. Incompetence, not dastardly evil deeds, had folks wrongly listed as not allowed to vote. Lots of responsibility on the part of individuals, though. Most were people with the same names as convicted felons; many more were people who did not bring ID with them; poll workers tried to help and work through the problems, but most left, refusing to wait. They have to take some personal responsibility, but self-proclaimed "spokesmen" want to make all poor people perpetual victims.

Once it was apparent that the election was going to be a virtual tie, BOTH parties sent in the lawyers, lobbyists, and professional influence peddlers to sway the result in their guy's favor. The Republicans won that effort, but it was close, with both sides using dirty tactics.

Frankly, I'm disgusted with both major parties. They care now only about getting their turn at the trough, at any cost.

I mentioned in another thread that I watched a debate among the "independent" party candidates. I was pleased and amazed to hear the intelligent, thoughtful discussion of important issues. Those guys need to unite behind one of their number and build a viable third party based on common sense and respectful discussion of what might be best for the entire country. And Bill Gates needs to buy some of my scribbled ideas, for $100 million or so .... probability of happening about equal. :( :(

12. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Dammit, while I was writing a weighty and well-pondered missive in response to the serious tone this thread took, you guys went off on a humorous (or was it humor-less) tangent.

Max, it's obvious that lovely lass has some major emotional problem, probably from her youth. It's resulted in her getting involved with an old drunk. Poor girl. :p :p

This thread, like so many others, has gone downhill, and that's pretty difficult for a forum which deals only with boats (See, Jeff, I'll keep 'em in line while you're off at that rubber suit convention).

The only saving grace for this thread is the fact that Frosty hasn't yet tried to be funny here. :D :D

13. alan white

alan white Senior Member

The blacks in Broward County ought to have swung the dem vote. Did the blacks on "felon lists" ever get a chance to get their votes (re) counted?
    But in any case, the question of incompetence should go like this: If incompetence can swing the vote, then dirty tactics will always mimic incompetence.
    Any case, water under the bridge. I would be happy with paper ballots and two weeks to cast votes, checks, double checks, exit polls well in line with votes or ask why, take the time to do it right, address grievences, etc.. It's not as if this is some small thing. Look what damage this administration has done--- it is hard to imagine-- and I never would have imagined that a single administration could be so destructive, and a public so disinclined to wake up to it. Even now, when indictments should be rolling, all we see is Scooter getting 30 months. As if his crimes were his own idea. It's an embarrassment.

14. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Charlie, I do agree about the need for a new party. The old tag "independant" means nothing except "other than".
    Money's the issue. It shouldn't be, but elections are bought, not won.
    When huge interests contribute equal amounts to opposing parties, something is wrong. Election and lobby reform, old idea, just like national health care. You could go cross-eyed wondering why good ideas aren't forced on the government. People are fat and lazy. They will drag the rest down, unfortunately.

A.

15. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Yes Alan,

A "normal" man, as in hardworking, non-wealthy, will never, I repeat, never, in our present political makeup, ever be president. Statement of fact, not opinion.

I like Ron Paul.

Tim

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.