New nav hazard: Parked tankers?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by marshmat, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well I think he meant that there was so many tankers anchored of Changi that you could walk from one to the other, but Im not sure.

Safe there is 2 causeways now.

2. mark775

mark775 Guest

Jimbo, in post# 9 explained life as it is. Meanz Beanz in post #26 - I understand what you are saying about an economic speed but the tankers haul *** when the price is high because, even though it costs them more to travel, they make more by getting there quicker, These guys are screaming to high heaven in Valdez at $ 100 oil, for example, if they have to wait for another tanker at a terminal. Also, if the price of oil is high, there is hell to pay if a supervisor holds up a tanker for weather (15 ft, seas, 60kts wind, as I recall are maximums to leave Prince William Sound). You would be amazed at the number of times that the weather is officially; seas14.7-8-9ft., wind 56-7-8-9 Kts. and when they clear the ten kt. zone...it´s off to the races!