new member with a ?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by alpineman, Jul 17, 2006.

1. alpineman

alpineman New Member

hi everyone. i am working on refinishing a 75 galaxy. while sanding the outside of the boat i went through the gelcoat in a few spots and can now see glass. i am using interlux brightsides for a topcoat and wondered in the areas showing through should i primer first. i have some epoxy primekote left and wondered if the will work or should i use something else.heres a couple pics of what i am talking about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Your Interlux dealer will have a bunch of free booklets from Interlux. They detail which primers are needed in which thicknesses, for most common hull materials. And also how to use them. Yes, you will need to prime these spots- you will, in fact, probably want to prime the whole hull properly.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.