Neo 495-Small French "Sit-In" Keelboat

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Doug Lord, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Fairly Vague

Perhaps you could explain just exactly what that means?

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

Fairly Vague? "nearly max performance boat"

-Well,it means that the X18T is designed to foil only offwind in its keelboat version; max performance would be achieved if it were to foil upwind and downwind...

3. Bootneck

Bootneck Junior Member

Hi Doug.

Its probably best if i direct you to the website which is www.vizmarine.com, any feedback good or bad is helpful. We are just hitting the market with a 'finished' product this season. Its getting results and overtaking things like SB3's in light airs. in stronger winds though it whoops us downwind but it does give the disabled sailor a competitive chance of keeping up with other fleets sailed by ables.

Would be interested to learn more on X18T, is it a finsihed product..

Still learning the threads and forums so bear with me while i work everything out....

An image of the A20 attatched

Attached Files:

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

A20

Dave, absolutely terrific! Are there any in the US yet?
    The X18T is far from a finished product; just finishing the design now-very,very experimental.
    Best of luck with the A20 !
    =============
    Dave, it could be a problem with my webtv but I was unable to access anything but the front page; will try from a work computer....
    Very interested in the specs of the boat...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  5. Bootneck

Bootneck Junior Member

Doug

None in the US yet but we will be looking for ressellers over there very soon. We are trying to sort out two locations where we have a fleet of six for disabled sailors to use provided by a charity that we are setting up called the Even keel Challenge
    Try this link http://www.vizmarine.com/uk/index.htm

6. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

A20

Dave, I got a good look at your site and the specs of the boat. Most impressive! It really captures the essence of a mini AC boat. I wish you the best of luck with it. Please post updates when you know more about a US connection.

7. Bootneck

Bootneck Junior Member

We hope to take some over to Miami and perhaps New York area later on in the year, i will let you know when it happens

8. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Here are some pics of my mates two small sit-in keel boats.
    I'm not sure of their type. If I get more info I'll post it.

Mychael

Attached Files:

9. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

I've since been advised that the one on the trailer is a "Mini12" and the other is a "2.4mR worlds".

Mychael

10. Bootneck

Bootneck Junior Member

Hi Mychael.

There is also the illusion and the illusionII that was made with still quite a good following.
    The 2.4m is currently used in the paralympics as the selected single hander, with the Skud18 the 2 seater and the Sonar as the 3. Would be nice to get ours in as the two seater though......

11. COOL Mobility

COOL Mobility Sailor using wheelchair

If you are interested in disabled sailing yachs, check out the SKUD 18 that is now the third Paralympic Class http://www.accessdinghy.org/equipment/boats/ud18.htm

It is based on an 18 footer with a bit more rocker and a 140 kg bulb keel but lots of width to creat a stiff but planing hull. The sailors training for the Paralympics are getting 14 knots now.

12. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

I first found out about this boat a long time ago. Now they've made the big time.
    From SA:
    The disabled sailing Division of the Societe Nautique Grau du Roi Port Camargue organized first European Championship in Port Camargue disabled sailing in September 2009 with eight nations and sixty sailors. In June 2010, disabled sailing Division SNGRPC represented the French colors by participating in the Mondial Access in Rudland, England, bringing two Medals: Gold Medal in Liberty, and Argent in Skud18 (Paralympic Sailing).

The National Association Class Neo495, Neo495 (keelboat sport accessible to all) has taken its first sail in Port Camargue. It hosted in collaboration with the disabled sailing Division SNGRPC, two of its members, owners Neo495, crew of the Tour de France a la Voile of "BRUSSELS-CAPITAL REGION / Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest" with Mady Fobert, and "Ville du PORT "Island of Reunion. The Néo495 "NeoFrioul" of " Marseille, and Neo495" Aigues Marines”, Le Grau du Roi has participated this days of sailing.

For three days members of the disabled sailing Division SNGRPC were able to sail in the teeth of Mumm's Tour de France sailing, join them at sea, and share with the skippers and crew aperitif regatta after the scheduled sailing Aigues Mortes Bay for the 28 crews. Thus, including our newest member of the Wheelchair Division, Simone formed on sailing from Aigues Marines, was able to sail with crews Neo495 Professionals, fans of the Tour de France.
    An experience to renew! Thank you to the crews and Reunion Belgians, but also to Mumm SAFRAN and COYCH who won the race Monday in Port Camargue and to all those who sail in Neo495.. Anarchist Agnes.
    07/26/10
    -------------------
    Principal features include:

• Concept and Accessibility: Alain INZELRAC.

• Hull Design: Gregory PELARD.

• The gunwales are the height of most floating pontoons, making access easy.

• Plenty of ballast for improved stability.

• Ergonomic seating and cockpit layout to suit 1 or 2 persons.

• Joy-stick tiller steering accessible by either crew.

• A cleat console centralises all the controls and makes them accessible by either crew.

• Controls marked in relief on the console with different diameter lines for blind and vision impaired sailors.

LOA: 4.95 m / 16.2'

Beam: 1.18 m / 3.87'

Draft: 1.30 m / 4.26'

Total Weight: 340 kg / 748lb

Ballast: 180 kg / 396lb

Main: 8.4 m² / 90.38 sq.ft

Jib: 3.4 m² / 36.6 sq.ft

Gennaker: 8.0 m² / 86 sq.ft

http://www.accesssailing.com/default.asp?Page=20127&MenuID=Boats/13166/0/

(click on image then again on resulting image for best detail)

Attached Files:

13. COOL Mobility

Thank you Doug

I have known of the Neo for a number of years - very impressive yacht, but the concept of following and joining in the Mumm tour would have been fantastic and I had not heard of that collaboration. That is integration at the best.

14. COOL Mobility

hey Mychael

I know where there is a "Mini 12" for sale in Williamstown, complete rig, sails etc but no trailer. Was on Ebay for $1,000 earlier this year. Still sitting in the yard. Don't know about its state of repair but if interested, let me know and I'll give you location.

15. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.