Need design help

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by twaite, Feb 27, 2016.

1. twaite

twaite Junior Member

This is the XF 20 from Bateau Boats..

XF20_tunnel_p_350.jpg

Attached Files:

2. twaite

twaite Junior Member

I have the plans for this boat (scooter boat Glen L)

[/attach][/attach][/attach]

Bottom Section

dsn-sctla.jpg

Attached Files:

3. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

4. twaite

twaite Junior Member

great boat but would be difficult for our needs... thanks for the post

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

You are showing similar boat but really, very different. The first thing to know is the boat you want. It will not be difficult to do it in aluminum, but you have to specify your ifdeas and you should estimate the price you can pay for it.

6. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

I often post to get minds working. Your boat needs are easy to draw out but your special needs require thought. wheelchair on and off
    and stability under power is paramount. You need a fold over ramp off a level front deck 6" wider each side then standard wheelchair width with small curbs.
    then a ramp off deck to lower level sole where you have at least 24" side walls. An electric powered wheelchair with a 200 pound man strapet in does
    not float..........................It needs to be center located not on sides. 1" in 12" fall or rise MAX this is very doable and I wish you much success.
    Your wheelchair friends will LOVE you.

7. twaite

twaite Junior Member

would prefer the scooter design, put I am open to the XF 20 style as it looks less complex to build. It looks like either can be decked out fairly simple with framing just not sure how to get there.

Plan on building boat on my allowed budget (build as budget allows) if that makes sense build as I go.

I figured a 2-3 thousand in hull

8. twaite

twaite Junior Member

We have found special made deck mounts for the wheelchairs underway. in most of these situation we will be flounder gigging under trolling motor power or Honda engine fan. very slow speeds. Dock is built to accommodate this... this will also be a limited situation but we are equipped to accommodate...

These boast are generally very stable at rest/underway due to their width with the exception of sliding in a turn but I thought some of that could be offset with strakes..

We are not looking at running 50 mph just to get there and fish speed lol

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.