Need design(er) for 80' sailboat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by aymanisamana, May 22, 2019.

1. aymanisamana

aymanisamana Junior Member

Hi,
    I am looking to build an 80 ft. sailboat similar to the attached photo in Wood/epoxy “perhaps mahogany” could anyone recommend individual designs and designers.
    Many thanks,
    Ayman
    ASTARTE-YAGHT-8film-8-2.jpg

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

You need, apparently, someone to copy or imitate an existing design, which is simpler and cheaper than creating a new design. I'm right?
    In addition, for what is explained in your other thread, the designer must know how to express himself in Turkish, to communicate with a shipyard in Turkey, and must know, of course, the regulations applicable to ships built in that country. I'm wrong?.

3. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Here's a 77' 11" (23.75 m) LOA Laurent Giles (John ('Jack') Laurent Giles) built in 1964 for sale, no problem to build an 80' (24.38 m) LOA version, and have the house restyled like the one you've posted above, and you'll have a much better boat than that one. Most Laurent Giles plans are still for sale from the Laurent Giles Archive. What's your budget ? I'll have you an outrageous one build for € 37 million, plus € 3 million commission for myself. The 1964 one for sale in France looks to be in good shape and is asking € 460 K.

click the pics to enlarge, and click again to shrink
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Note: interested parties need to investigate the blisters on the hull's double mahogany outside planking. —

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    bajansailor likes this.
  4. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Just another that came to mind, Daniel Bombigher (RIP), his daughter Zoé owns his work now, plans (click the pics) and adaptations, within reason of course, looks to be still available (not so cheap) through the Naval Architect and Daniel's ex-apprentice plus collaborator Hervé Coutand.

Below shown the 80' (24.38 m) LOD Pretty Creole, maybe she could have a pretty motorsailer house just below the main boom . . ?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  5. allman

allman Junior Member

Hi,
    I have just read your previous threads.
    I am a Turkish yacht designer based in the UK.
    Maybe I can help you with shaping your design and build it.
    Please look at my website from my profile and send me an email if you need any design services.

Kind Regards
    Ali

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

7. Phil_B

Phil_B Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.