Need Catamaran info Please!

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by holly, Jul 19, 2007.

1. holly

holly Junior Member

Due to being on a fixed income and wanting to get back on the water after 3+ years, I wonder if anyone can help me with some ratios ref. building a catamaran from plywood/epoxy.
    I would like a small cat with double bunk & head and small galley, that's about it.Maybe 20' to 24' sounds good. (Coastal cruising Gulf of Mexico).
    Does anyone have plans for the amas for such a cat?
    Another words the frames sizes, ama panels, info so I can build this "dream cat"! $$ is a problem and my age of 73 doesn't give me too many years to get this done!
    Thanks for any info you may be able to provide.
    Fairwinds, Holly

2. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Hi holly
    I so, so identify with your problem! I’m in a similar situation (just a couple of years younger though! ;) )
    I’ve taught myself yacht design since 1996 and have a special interest in multihulls. I’ve knocked up a few designs in the size range you mention and am currently working on a 40ft proa which I hope to put together for under £1000 (sorry, I’m in the UK :p ).
    I’d like to see what others have to say about this thread and free designs in general, but if you’re still in a jam, I’d be pleased to collaborate with you and knock up a design especially for you – no charge!
    Take care now

3. rob denney

rob denney Senior Member

Trev,
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am interested in your proa. Do you have a web page, or any pictures? If not, could you drop me a line at harryproa@gmail.com, please.

Regards,

Rob Denney
    www.harryproa.com

4. holly

holly Junior Member

Thanks Trev very much. I have emailed you directly ref this subject. holly

5. holly

holly Junior Member

I want to thank ya'all that responded and offered help!!
    I am in contact with a generous fellow who is helping me get started on a 20' cat.
    So again, all you great boat builders, THANK-YOU !!! Holly

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.