My favourite Women friendly design features

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Wilma Ham, May 13, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

If you want a challenge Wilma, I have a new design , she is 39 feet and I have not thought abt the layout at all,
    She will, be Cape Horn capable, so if you the time I will forwards the plan view, however the keel is shrouded in secrecy:))
    And any other takers?

2. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

I would love to see that Cape Horner....!

3. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

¡Gracias, Wilma! :) :) :)

4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

ok I will email it to you , Guillermo, my email hearnyacht@gmail.com
    the original, was only 32 feet! my friend built her , she was designed by Robert Clark and indeed she sailed around, totally watertight hatches, very stiff, she sailed from NZ, self steered all the way I have taken her out to 39 feet, and Windvang is helping me . the only reason I took her out to 39, is that when I have finished, she will have a bigger resale market She is flush decked, she is alloy and heavily plated,

5. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

My favourite women friendly design...

6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

¡¡um Bergs, usted intenta en ruso!!

7. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Russisch? Er stark genug spricht Spanischen:mad:

8. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

i do wish you would try stay on topic ole bean

9. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Excuses humbles, mon petit chou.....:)

10. Wilma Ham

Wilma Ham Senior Member

Oh yes please Lazeyjack, I would love to contribute and get the plan view.

And gentlemen I am impressed with our collective multi langual ability :rolleyes: , however shall we return to the task at hand :eek: .

I have posted more articles on the website of lifestyle sailing if you want to have a look at steps on and off a boat, deckhouses and pilot houses and what I have found so far. I now need to return to work.

11. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

tres bien Wilma, :rolleyes:

12. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

Well if you want an opinion on bunks in the main cabin , my vote goes to Concordia bunks , as found on the Concordia Yawls .

The bunk is great as it stows gear for visitors, is easy to droop for hardy weather, and its inner bar location , a few inches away from the hull sides means a leaky deck fitting or hull or port condensation doesn't wet the bed.
    Made wide for the tropics , the droop feature slims it down when required.

In port the wooden "park bench" slats are kind in the back , they flex , and fine to touch , compared to non wood .
    The slats also allow the gear to breathe a bit, getting rid of any moisture.

Works for me!

FF

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  13. Wilma Ham

Wilma Ham Senior Member

[​IMG]

Fast Fred, this is a photo from the Concordia website and are these the beds you mean?
    What I like about the length of the beds is that you can easily sit with the two of you on the heeling side when you lean against the boat.
    I think they are great in principle.
    It is also clever that you have the same set up on both side, if the boat leans another way, you just move sides.

On steadfast which heeled and bucked a lot I have learnt that sitting wedged in or leaning aainst the side is important.

If this is the picture I can then visually follow what you mean with slats in your back and folding out.

Attached Files:

14. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

Thats it!

Unseen is another pipe near the hull that suspends the inner edge of the bunk when the backrest is swung 90deg , and the bunk opens.

When sitting a slight mod is to have a place to secure a drink at either end , and it should function as an arm rest too.

The closed bunk holds all the sleeping gear , airing yet readily accessible .

By a slight prop up of the rails the sleeping canvas will go slacker , holding the occupant in sans lee cloths in most weather.

We LOVE the bunks!

FF

15. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Fred and Wilma,

You see, don't you, what's happening here? If one of you mentions a cozy corner for Dino the dog to curl up, something will have to be said aloud.
    Nothing in this universe is accidental!

A.