Must Have Silicone Based Lubricant/Water Repellent

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by boatsRcool, Sep 5, 2008.

1. boatsRcool

boatsRcool New Member

For all of you out there with boats, you know how detrimental rust can be. I represent Jig-a-loo and it works wonders to keep in top form your sliding doors and windows, winches, bilge pump, door hinges, shutters, hatch locks, and leaf springs, as well as the transmission buttons on your boat and the boat winch at the bow.

Jig-a-loo does a tremendous job of preventing corrosion on sailboat pulley and the boat trailer axle, as well as preventing rubber seals from drying or cracking.

It can also be used to waterproof any clothing/equipment you wish.

Check out http://www.jigaloo.com for more info and read how others are using it!
    - Ross, jigaloo.com

2. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Wow "Lubricates any squeaky boat mast." (next to a picture of a door hinge)

Anyone got a squeaky mast????

also "Removes oxidation from boats."

What a blessing for you steel boat owners - first time I ever heard of silicone removing rust.

"Keeps your boat's engine parts and anchor chain rust-free"
    A rust free anchor chain - wow.

A new miracle product!!!!!

Shame about the name - the word "Loo" is associated with the word "Crap" in my part of the world, and the word "Jig" is a dance - so will we all be .....

Anyone tried this stuff?

3. CDK

CDK retired engineer

There is some truth in it, I use silicone oil regularly and wrote about:

http://forums.boatdesign.net/showthread.php?t=19377

But some claims are pure nonsense of course and the product name is so stupidly chosen I would never buy it. Silicone oil should be called silicone oil and it should cost no more than $4 for a medium size spray can.

4. boatsRcool

boatsRcool New Member

I appreciate the feedback guys. I really enjoyed reading your interpretation of the name too - very creative and hilarious. That's not quite what they had in mind, but I'm sure you aren't alone in your idea.

The name actually came about when the product inventor came up with the right formula and exclaimed "ti-gi-dou!" - a French-Canadian expression that loosely translates to "I've got it!"

But back to the product - I'm also glad that someone else has heard and used silicone lubricants. They really do make a huge difference.

If either of you do get a chance to use the product, it'd be great to hear more of what you have to say, or even other experiences you've had with silicone lubricants.Thanks for the article too.

Thanks,
    Ross, Jig-a-loo

5. boatsRcool

boatsRcool New Member

If anyone is interested in trying Jig-A-Loo out for themselves, you can do so for free. (Again it's a silicone based lubricant and water-repellent that can be used for tons of uses including boating.)

Instead of going on and on about the stuff, head to http://www.jigaloo.com/us/e_uses_cars_trucks.php to download the rebate form.

Let me know if you try it out and how it works for you.

Best,
    Ross with Jig-A-Loo

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.