Motor yacht design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by heaci, Oct 27, 2012.

1. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

It's nice you have so much time to write novellas all the time.

My choice,first to last.

-Buy from manufacturer in MY HOME CITY,MY HOME PROVINCE,MY HOME COUNTRY,MADE IN USA,elsewhere, China.
    I don't GAF if it costs more.

It's about supporting local workers-did you ever think about that before telling me how to run my life? I'm pretty F'n good at it BTW...you?

Care to have me tell you how to run your life?

BTW my friend with the boats? He bought from a local manufacturer and several LOCAL people had jobs for a while..and after all was said and done it was not much more than buying from China.....

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

People are always telling me where to go !! its never really where i would like to go but that life !!
    I was a sceptic about coming to china to work and live and the only regrets i have now after 2 years is i didnt do it sooner !! its completely differant to what portrayed on the media and they are always showing the negitive side . When i stepped off the plane here i was really apprehensive and eyes wide open but didnt take long and i realised it is safer here than in my own country .if work had kept up i would stay here till i die but the recession is catching up . :D

3. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Hmmm, not always. There are some good things said in media reports. However, comments you have made over the years support a few things that the media says

1) really low wages
    2) Low worker health and safety standards
    3) lack of skilled workers ( and I can quote a few of your posts complaining of problems you have encountered )

Its just a fact of life that China and India are the new 'wage slaves', and all the good engineering done there is using experienced imported experts - like you !

4. liki

liki Senior Member

China and India are already deemed expensive by some and manufacturers are moving to countries with even lower wages and standards.

5. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Twist words how ever you want but i could live here for the rest of my life . ! worker skills are differant ,not low not high differant !! have seen guys do things with almost not tools and make a near to perfect job .
    For US unless we had the proper tools would stand an mumble for half a day . safety is vertually non exisitant as we see it !!osh type people would never get out of there cars they'ed die of fright watching what some of these people do . remember these people roamed the planet when adam was fumbling with the buttons on eves blouse .
    so what if you loose a few theres plenty more standing in line . in saying that i have the feeling The chinese will be serving chinese take aways to the next lot of US astronauts when they next set foot on the moon .
    i was blown away at the last composites show !! i had been to the one the year before and the progress in just one year was staggering . all the nations on the planet tried to make sure china was kept in a depressed state with technology and when the gates were broken down they are learning all and everything possible at a mind boggling rate . so sit back and watch what happens in the next 10 years . They are scaring the pants of the americans and playing them at there own game and they dont like that at all.
    i have never seen buildings go up so fast in all my life . world you work 18 hours a day all weathers 7 days a week and live on the job in accomidation provided by the company . I live in a university town where there are thousands of student and im surrounded by 7 universities . its like a town we all dreamed of trees flowers canals waterways the tallest buildings are no higher then 4 stories . buses run to any part of the main city and just 3 cents to ride , there are free buses that cruises all the universities and the librarys and sports centre .
    The cities are modern and have the tallest buildings like i have never seen . its safe to walk round and not worry about getting mugged . get on a bus and the young people stand up to give you there seat . a lady with a small child and a seat is made availible ,old man same, pregnant women same always a seat close to a door . trains the same where ever you go . do you see these things happening in your country ?? do you dare venture out after dark ?? :):p;):D:p

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Tunnels: The OP is looking on how to design a motor yacht. Let's put these political posts somewhere else.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.