Mining the Great Pacific Garbage Patch

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by wellmer, Nov 7, 2009.

1. apex1

apex1 Guest

>>.with no 0 2 in the system we are about readdy to but onee inmexico<<

can you please say that again in Chinese? I have no clue what you´re talking.

You have one reactor of the technology I´m talking in Mexico. Actually the same manufacturer I use! It is absolutely the same equipment. Pressureless, catalytic, depolimerisation.
    You use it there for recycling tires, I know.

Richard

2. waldoswhere

waldoswhere Junior Member

Richard are you talking about those people in vancouver canada???do you have a machine in operation??we are getting readdy to put one in mexico as far as i know there is none in operation in mexico..and we are looking at several....

wally

3. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Wellmer

Sorry Wally but I wasn't talking to you my friend.

I call Wellmer (the thread starter) Willy.

Now, do you also have a c-sub project?

Tom

4. apex1

apex1 Guest

There is one working in Mexico City since three years. Another in Canada is processing computer scrap (the plastic part), a third one is working in Italy since a few month.

The next on my board is a bigger one, 100 tonnes day, in Istanbul and a second of that size in Izmir.

Regards
    Richard

5. waldoswhere

the one i have designed or should say from parts of the shelve..i have worked off and on building boats and working in refineries nuclear power houses years ago also commercial fished in alaska...i just took everything avalable with modern tecn....it works the reactor is the big thing ..that makes it all work..and it is simple in fact all of it is simple machinery..what machine are you talking about ....are they all batch systems??? and our does 150--200tns a day with with that it comes out to ...

per ton of tires
    644lbs carbon black

6. waldoswhere

the one i have designed or should say from parts of the shelve..i have worked off and on building boats and working in refineries nuclear power houses years ago also commercial fished in alaska...i just took everything avalable with modern tecn....it works the reactor is the big thing ..that makes it all work..and it is simple in fact all of it is simple machinery..what machine are you talking about ....are they all batch systems??? and our does 150--200tns a day with with that it comes out to ...

per ton of tires
    644lbs carbon black
    304lbs of steel
    3.20 barrels of high grade oil

wally sutherland

7. waldoswhere

no tom i do not hace a csub do not know what a csub is i take some sort of under water vehicle...but your in i build scale model and design and build full scale boats...am looking for some body ...that does not charge to much or not at is better on a new design i have ...also am looking for working sub that i can build here in our yard for abalone at 20ftms 50ftms ...that is the harvesting of them.....any ideas or designs ..we have virgen steel here in mexico for half the price you pay...

wally

8. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

I would think a diving bell with surface supply air.

Is SCUBA equipment not sufficient?

One could use lift bags and have a tender on the surface collect them as you go.

Not really my forte, but some ideas.

Tom

9. apex1

apex1 Guest

150 tonnes input and 3 barrels oil???

Wally would you be so nice to read my first post on this topic again. Then let me know if we are talking the same language.
    The technology I describe here is´nt available off the shelve. The Patent is German, developed at the Uni Tübingen.
    With this technique you would get about 35% of the input material (tires) in Diesel. Thats 50 tonnes.

10. waldoswhere

at the fisrt you said that i was useing the same machine that you use buy on e in the usa for 5--6mil.......i need to look at your machine or who ever has the patent how about garbage recyclimg...also what is it you do are you in the construction buisness???the machine that am looking at has had patents since 1937....on the reactor end the rest is easy like all parts are off the shelve ..valves pipein pumps off gas compressors...there is a company that builds all the parts out there is what i meant there is about 100 of these reactors working in north america

11. waldoswhere

also it is 3barrills of oil per one ton of tires you did not read it all plus the cabon black 644lbs per ton of tires ,,,,304lbs of steel per ton of tires...an i hate the ******* chinese

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

Wally the FIRST post I said! Not the last..........:D
    And I do not understand your cryptic way of talking sorry. Never I said the technology is available in the USA.
    What you are using is old, expensive, inefficient, pressurized, high temp tech. Thats not worth building anymore.
    I am talking pressureless, catalytic depolimerisation.
    No I´m not in the construction business. My main profession is development. Boatbuilding I do as a hobby more or less. (at present more less)

I said nothing about steel or soot! I said 50 tonnes of finest Diesel, 54ct, chrystal clear, sulfur free Diesel fuel.
    And you do´nt get that with your old tech. Neither the 450 liters per ton of tires. You data is wrong! When you back - calculate you will notice.

I would still be interested to know what you tried to tell me here:
    >>.with no 0 2 in the system we are about readdy to but onee inmexico<<

13. masalai

masalai masalai

On domestic "free-to-air" with lots of commercials TV here in OZ a show on such a problem, identifying Midway Island as being near one of the plastic collection areas - the albatross breeding program is collapsing as the young are fed a mix of plastic pieces and fish until there is no room in the young birds stomach for any more as the plastic stays insitu and the chick dies.... many bird carcases shown with a mass of plastic which would be the cause of death... So sad to see and there is an urgent need for a philanthropist to support removal of this from the surface, to say, a depth of 5 metres below the surface, burn it or whatever but REMOVE IT....

14. waldoswhere

there is no oxegen in the system...so i can pull off all the vapors then coll them ...the part is yes i am readdy to put a machine in here in mexici the impact statement is accepted in all parts of mexico...we have maybe a billion tires to work on ...plus we want to buy and build a fleet of boats to fish off shore deep water 100+ftms of water it is the last virgen for fisheries and it can be fished with substainable yeield...but need a lot of energy manly diesel...just like right now there are a lot of fish boat that can not fish because of the price of fuel 3.20$$$per gallon more or less...this why i picked this part of the world have instant market for the fuel at fair value 1---1.50$$$ per gallon..then i get to put the product on the market and sell it !!!!!!

wally

15. apex1

apex1 Guest

The Philantropist unfortunately is the only solution to get rid of it yes. And before you send me a mail.......no, I am not!:D

wally,
    this:
    >>>put the product on the market and sell it<<<
    will remain a dream! Or are YOU going to pay the tax too?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.