minimum plywood thickness

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by ASM, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Lampy08

Lampy08 Junior Member

ASM, i have built 17 boats with epoxy/fibereglass, over wood. In my opinion, and it's only MY oppinion, you should use the thickness of wood specifide by the designer. Too thick becomes harder to fasten, and tends to make the seams not fair out well, too thin tends to let the pannels flatten between the frams and again loose fairness. Also I like to pick good looking wood because at one point when you look at it your going to be tempeted to varnish not paint. Hope this helps
    Dennis

2. ASM

ASM Senior Member

HI Marcel

As up till now, no building here. Would love too, but time, money and space holdme back...and too many designs to choose from. I see you are from the Netherlands too! drop me a line, might be interesting to devellop common knowledge or something .

3. MKR

MKR New Member

Hi ASM,

I tried to send you a direct message through your profile, but you've blocked that option. Could you send me a mail through my profile, then I can respond by e-mail.

Kind regards,
    Marcel
    (I am Dutch, but writing English here out of courtesy to other readers)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.