Lost or curve network in Rhino

Discussion in 'Software' started by ivansalasj, Jun 3, 2007.

1. ivansalasj

ivansalasj Junior Member

Dear friends,

I have attached two pictures of a current yacht I am trying to model in rhino. It is a classic yacht 12 m length overall. I began modelling the bow section on its own and I will slowly move aft and decide how many surfaces I may need to model the yacht. One of the pictures I have attached shows one of the problems I am currently having to fit the surface to the sections, keel and camber. I have tried lofting the surface and curve network but I still get this inaccuracy in the fitting process, do you recommend any other method, also I am trying to keep things simple using 4 and 5 control points per station since ideally I will want to model the full surface of the hull as one, just as you can do in Maxsurf and here comes my other question, once I have modeled the surface in rhino will be easier to export the hull to maxsurf and work from there to model the hull and get hydrostatics and other related data or shall i continue from rhino with rhinomarine*.

I look fwd for your comments

Ivan

Attached Files:

2. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Try this, select Tools – Options – Mesh – Smooth & slower. I think all you have is a display issue.
    Gary

3. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

This has nothing to do with your NURBS geometry. I bet it is just fine. Rhino simplifies the rendermesh to speed up rendering. Have a look at your File => Properties => mesh settings and apply the following settings (attached image).
    It will probably look a lot better then.

Attached Files:

• mesh.jpg
      mesh.jpg
      File size:
      46.2 KB
      Views:
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.