Looking for Venturi Scuppers in Australia

Discussion in 'Materials' started by gary1, May 18, 2007.

1. gary1

gary1 Senior Member

Morning,
    Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to anyone who either sells or manufactures a Venturi type of Scupper either in Australia or overseas that can be sealed whilst the boat is at rest. The scupper will be going through the side of the hull just in front of the transom the, hull is 6mm ply sandwiched between e-glass fabric. I have searched just about all avaliable sources here in Australia, it doesn't really matter if they are made of plastic, stainless or any other material as long as it can handle a salt water marine enviromment.
    Many Thank's
    Gary

2. frosh

frosh Senior Member

Do you mean by the scupper being sealed when the boat is at rest, by an automatic system of some sort? Or do you mean that by simply manually closing it by hand? I suspect that you mean the former, please clarify. Sorry if I didn't interpret your question very well.

3. gary1

gary1 Senior Member

G/Day Frosh,
    Mate I would prefer something that closes by hand a screw in bung or something along those lines. I have looked at the ones with the ping pong ball in them but I can't see them being very practical sticking out the side of the boat.They are more for a transom type scupper as far as i can see.
    Thanks
    Gary

4. frosh

frosh Senior Member

Go to your local yacht chandler and ask to see the Riley venturi self bailer.
    I am almost certain that this will be what you need, although the product is made for fast sailcraft. Ask the person there for their advice also.

5. gary1

gary1 Senior Member

Thank's Frosh,
    Appreciate the help now that I can put a brand name to them I shouldn't have any trouble tracking them down.
    Thank's again
    All The Best
    Gary

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.