Looking for US builder for small fiberglass parts

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by JEM, Oct 30, 2005.

1. JEM

JEM Senior Member

Looking for subcontractor for small fiberglass parts. The parts would consist of fiberglass lay ups and some minor assembly (drill and rivet a few holes)

Program Specifics:
    -The molds and specifications would be provided.

-Subcontractor would not own the molds but would be responsible for minor maintenance. Maintenance cost should be amoritized into parts cost.

-Ideal situation would be a drop-shipping arrangement. Subcontractor would receive order and payment, then make parts and ship directly to a given address.

-Would prefer someone who can work with epoxy and infusion or vacuum bagging. Parts are small but stiffness and lightwieght is a requirement. Wanting to achieve these results while keeping costs reasonably low.

-If a turn-key provider cannot be found for a reasonable cost, then will consider just the lay-up work and order parts in sets of about 10 pieces.

-Vendor in NC strongly desired but cost and quality is the most important.

Open to suggestions and ideas to improve product/program.

Please contact via e-mail info@jemwatercraft.com

2. juan alvarez

juan alvarez New Member

Hi,Matt my name is John Alvarez I mangage a fiberglass shop in Perry,Fla. We have been in buisness for 3 years and are always looking for new customers. You can contact me at ALUMINUM MARINE PRODUCTS,INC. 1-850-223-1988 OR E-MAIL at jalverezaluminummarineproducts.com Thank you, John

3. geo6246

geo6246 Junior Member

Matt, My name is George Daly I have a tooling shop in Dickson TN.I have over 30 yrs in the bus. call 615-763-0931. Thanks

4. vectorsports

vectorsports Junior Member

Matt, My name is Haynes Sloan. Our company is SMG INC. in Gallatin, Tn. We are a marine tooling and small parts company. We may be able to help you if you are still in a search mode. Call if you need help. (615)-294-5906

5. goodwrch

goodwrch Junior Member

Matt,

I am located in South Florida and always looking for new ventures....you may contact me through my website if you would like.

www.greatwhiteboatco.com

David