looking for a 21 ft trimaran

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by arzpengwen, Sep 11, 2004.

1. arzpengwen

arzpengwen New Member

Hello,

I'm am looking for a recent design of a 20/21ft trimaran...
    I have only seen the Magnum 21 (www.virusboats.com).

Is the other trimaran like Magnum 21 ? ( Dragon fly 800 and F24 are too expensive for me)

Thanks very much in advance,
    Bertrand

2. Ilan Voyager

Ilan Voyager Senior Member

For a familial, fun, coastal cruising, or day boat program it's the lone small tri I know. It's not a racer; it's a fun boat. As it has a small rig it's not very fast in light weather upwind. It has excellent reputation, the sales success shows it.

I do not know of another small tri having the same program, the other being pure racers of about 20 feet, or being bigger and heavier (about 24-25 feet). You have also Raven, a race foiler with a very different program.

I've answered in english althought I could use french. Si le Magnum ne vous plaît pas, il ne reste plus que le fait sur mesure à 2 fois le prix...

3. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Bertrand,

Multihulls World did a comparision test in July/Aug 2004 issue between the Magnum 21 and two other camp cruising multihulls. One is a tri called the Tricat 22, the other a cat, the Drake 18.

The Tricat appears to be somewhat more expensive than the Magnum and comes in either a Raid version with keels, or a sport version with daggerboards.

see Tricat

All the best, Tad

4. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Also the Newick desiged Tremolino has just come back into production in France. The builder is Chantier Marijon, see marijon

Tad

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.