Look at What Happens to Peaceful Protesters in the States

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by CatBuilder, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Got that list handy Leo,? How about posting it ??? - Where does Australia sit? as well as NZ, PNG, Solomon Islands & Vanuatu?

2. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

the way the laws written around here you don't have to pay a ticket unless its issued personally and signed by the cop.

I get those all the time, hell I even speed past the radar van while giving them the bird.

Those tickets are unenforceable

If you read it, it says it won't go against your record or result in any loss of points. They have to say that, what they don't tell you is that you don't have to pay and that they have 120 days to come to your door and issue you a real ticket. But they never do.

4. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

I had to pay, or I would have lost my license via a notice sent to my state. My state didn't care what the origin of the ticket is. They have some kind of reciprocity with other states where if they receive a fax saying I didn't pay in that state, I lose my license in my own state.

I had 48 hours once I got the notice from my state to hurry up and get it sorted out, or I would have lost my license entirely.

Also, I never received a ticket at all, so I had nothing to read. All I got was something from my own state saying my license was under suspension, effective in 2 days. That was my first notice something was wrong.

5. CatBuilder

Said in my best young girl accent: "DUH!!"

Very poor showing for a country that supposedly is the "world leader" in democracy, human rights, land of the free, etc...

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Please read the "Patriot Act" for USA, (Has nothing to do with "patriotism" it is just the acronym for the full name of the bill...) - I am told that has the 'power' to SCREW ANYONE inside USA... Is that true?

The list is here - have a look for yourself http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/data...1-transparency-international?INTCMP=SRCH#data "Transparency international world corruption index (1=least corrupt) - Click heading to sort table."

7. CatBuilder

Yes, Masalai. The Patriot Act is part of my lexicon. That was the real start of our erosion of rights.

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Our rating might also reflect the relative openness of our press and justice systems, imperfect as they are. I suspect a lot of corruption gets dragged out into the open here that would be quietly smoothed over in other countries.

9. CatBuilder

That's a good point. Probably is a factor.

10. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Your experience eh?

So in your "experience" you have had fake evidence placed in your car and been shot?

A scary place eh?
    I used to hear this from some of my hippie friends.

You guys are indulging yourselves in a counter culture fantasy.

11. CatBuilder

Wow, you really need to bone up on your reading skills. I'm sorry, but it has to be said. I respect you, but you have this habit of nit picking things out of context and applying them to entire posts.

Let me walk you through the post:

"My experience is like Boston's. I know some cops and even have one in the family. They are mostly all crooked." appears all on one line in its own paragraph in my post. Traditionally, when something is standing alone in a written work, that item is thought to be distinct from what follows.

Now, let's break it down...

"My experience is like Boston's." - Boston referred to cops being crooked. That is my experience as well.

I know some cops and even have one in the family." - This statement shows where I get some of my data from.

"They are mostly all crooked." - This goes on to say that in my experience (see first item here), "they" (cops) are mostly all crooked.

Nowhere in my post does it say I've been shot or had fake evidence planted in my car. I have had it torn to bits though.

Please read more carefully instead of skimming.

12. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Give it a rest

13. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

You've led a sheltered life, haven't you?:)

I certainly don't live in a 'counter-culture fantasy'; I'm about as mainstream as anyone you know. But in a lifetime of living and working across the country before I settled down in my forties, I collected my share of horror stories. A lot of local cops are suspicious of outsiders, and sometimes they're actively hostile towards them.

And while it may not be the norm, some police certainly aren't above framing people -- particularly if they believe they're guilty. Don't you remember the scandal involving the Rampart Division of the Los Angeles Police Department? They didn't just frame people. They shot them, and planted guns to justify the shootings.

From Wikipedia:

I don't automatically consider cops to be the enemy; in fact, I usually figure they're on my side. But most of them carry guns and nightsticks, some of them carry attitudes as well, and I'm wary and alert around them -- somewhat like I am around dogs.

I like dogs, and usually get along with them. But when I'm dealing with a strange dog, I never forget he has teeth.

14. CatBuilder

Weak.

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.