Is this a marine Holley Carb?

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by mesquito_creek, Jun 30, 2009.

  1. mesquito_creek
    Joined: Jun 2009
    Posts: 1
    Likes: 0, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 10
    Location: USA

    mesquito_creek New Member

    I am trying to go through my project and identify any "non marine" substitutes for safety... Can anyone identify this carb and verify if it is a Marine Application? I see the turned over vent tubes as "marine" but that is all I can figure out. I have got close on the model numbers with Google but not exactly.


    It sits on a Volvo Penta Small Block Chevy motor

    Attached Files:

  2. fasteddy106
    Joined: Apr 2009
    Posts: 72
    Likes: 17, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 171
    Location: connecticut

    fasteddy106 Junior Member

    Write down all the numbers you can find on the carb. Holley usually puts a number on the air horn. It should say .... "List" followed by a number that starts with an R.

    Then go to the web site below and contact the customer support dept. or use the search function to identify the carb.

    Good Luck..........
  3. PAR
    Joined: Nov 2003
    Posts: 19,133
    Likes: 478, Points: 93, Legacy Rep: 3967
    Location: Eustis, FL

    PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

    Yep, that's a marine grade (see the "J" tubes) 4150, duel feed, double pumper with vacuum secondaries.

  4. gonzo
    Joined: Aug 2002
    Posts: 14,962
    Likes: 817, Points: 123, Legacy Rep: 2031
    Location: Milwaukee, WI

    gonzo Senior Member

    Yes you can tell by the J tubes. In an automotive carb they are straight
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.