Interior design for a 23' tiller skiff

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Davesea, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Davesea

Davesea Junior Member

I am new to the list. I am looking at a www.Calypsomarine.com 23' Pirogue (sold in the US as www.Caribiana.com which is not producing boats at the moment). I would like to design a simple interior for the calypso 23' tiller model which includes side seating for an open fore-aft deck, and floatation tanks for non-sinkablity. There are no offsets for the hull so I am trying to get some measurements.

Can anyone give me advice on how to take measurements of an existing hull and how I can plug these into a program to reverse engineer the a scaled hull shape so I can lay out the interior. I am reading "understanding boat design" but need some more practical advice on how I can assure my design will be reasonable.

Thanks
    Dave

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.