Industry cred

Discussion in 'Education' started by van, Oct 9, 2003.

1. van

van New Member

Hi Everyone

I'm tossing up whether or not to do the Westlawn or the YDS course.............and all your comments have been valuable and I'm leaning towards the YDS course because of the cost i.e. pay as you go. But I am wondering which of these courses have the most industry cred when comes to finding a job.........all comments are welcome

Thanks

Van

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Discussed at length

Check this thread:

http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2110

in the Education forum.

General Consensus of people in the industry seems to be an Engineering or NA degree is what you need.

General consensus of people dreaming of being in the industry seems to be that mail order is just as good.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Check with classifieds, headhunters

It might be worth looking through old issues of PBB in the classified ads and checking with Susie Bush, Tom Cassidy, Bryan Spencer, whoever runs Anchor Solutions now, and Todaro (all industry recruiter agencies) for some feedback.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.