i NEED YOUR HELP IN DESIGN PROPELLER IN NOZZEL !

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mymind04, Dec 17, 2005.

1. mymind04

mymind04 Junior Member

I try to make a program to calculator propeller in nozzle, every thing's normal, but I don't know how to get data from Bp~d. I have a function describe Bp~d but it's not exactly. So I need your help, thanks so much. If having any info please reply ! Thanks before ..
    my mail : mymind04@yahoo.com

2. tspeer

tspeer Senior Member

See:
    Principles of Naval Architecture, Vol II. There's a whole section on propeller shrouds.

McCormick, B. W., "Aerodynamics Of V-Stol Flight" Dover Publications, September 1999, ISBN: 0486404609. He discusses modeling of a shrouded propeller. It's a combination of momentum theory and a ring vortex at the shroud's quarter chord. You have to match the boundary conditions at the shroud's three-quarter chord to get the lift on the shrould.

3. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

Josip Guzling had a very good paper in the 2004 annual meeting. His firm is Nautican, and has a website, though I don't recall it off hand. The Bp~d method is a bit obsoltet though. PNA has data for Kt/Kq for nozzled props.

4. 1995 crew

1995 crew Junior Member

The best information about Nozzle propellers is the results from the Marin Kaplan propellers. It includes Fp propellers Ka seires and CP propellers Kcp combined with diffferent nozzles.

Try to contact www.marin.nl to get info about the coefficient for the polynoms of this propellers.

Regards

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.