I need to add bottom rails... Help!!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Zane, Feb 9, 2012.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

We likely tried similar stuff as youngsters Tom. I remember power sliding through turns on boats shaped very similarly. I've also survived more then one tripped hull, a few quite disastrously. Now, if I'd built a boat like that, I'd incorporate anti trip chine flats and certainly runners, if for no other reason then to protect the bottom and prevent tripping.

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

my boat had 2 little keels about a metre long each side of the jet intake , i assume some one added them to the boat so it would track better. on the weekend i ran over a rock wall and tore them off. it has made absolutely no difference to the boats handling at all apart from slightly better steering response at speed. is a moderate v hull.