Hydrostatics differences between rhino and Hydromax

Discussion in 'Software' started by nemo, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

I appreciate how surfaces are trimmed, but my point still stands. If the surface is imported as a trimmed surface it should be treated as such.

Tim B.

2. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Tim

The imported data consists of two pieces, IGES entity 128 which contains the surface data and IGES entity 144 which contains the trimming data. Maxsurf reads the IGES 128 entities correctly, but does not read the IGES 144 entities. Clear now?

Andrew

3. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Andrew

We look foreward to Maxsurf being able to read IGES files in their entirety.
    IGES users will then find Maxsurf much easier to interface with since our trimmed surfaces will remain just that without having to repeat the work.
    This is why the Rhino addins like Rhino marine are so much easier to work with at present.

When will you implement this ?

4. nemo

nemo Naval Architect

I realized today that GHS files are the same format as Autoship's Autohydro ones. I think it's a great thing, even if many of you could dislike Autohydro.
    IMHO, it's very useful when you have to manage a large number of tanks, I'm thinking about ships, because you can import the hull from Rhino, and then fit all the tanks directly in Autohydro, or you could even write a macro for excel and insert the tanks in terms of number.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.