Hydrofoil assited sailing cats

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Buildboats, Mar 6, 2006.

1. tamkvaitis

tamkvaitis sailor/amateur designer

So you shouldn't say sailing cats. I understand that foils are foils, on the sailing or motor boat it doesn't realy matters, but the consept idea is totaly diferent. At first motorboats don't heel. Imagine that will hapen with your prototype if heeled? Secondly in the poverboat you can throtle it up and start foiling, what would you do on a sailing cat. Increase wind? All in All your concept boat is sailing quite near the surface of the water, what will it do If it hits the wave? Sailboats (cats too) do it all the time.

2. Buildboats

Buildboats Senior Member

You don't seem to be talking about boats at all in the thread... so I think you should apply what you are saying to yourself. I think you should go some where else Tammy Please!

3. Buildboats

Buildboats Senior Member

Hey Tammy from Lithuania I think you should have a look at what you are talking about before giving us opinuion on what we have to discuss. I didn't join this site to converse with people like you. By your statement above I would say you know nothing about boats power or sail and you should stick to reading till you have knowledge of what a boat is never mind trying to figure out what a foil can do or not do. Please move on from this thread or listen and learn then contribute.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.