How to thoaout MecChuriser

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by mutineer60, Jun 14, 2006.

1. mutineer60

mutineer60 New Member

I bought this 1977 Astro Craft with a 140 hp 4cycler it turn over last fall but now it woun't move ! How should I go about trying to start her? I was thinking about taking all the plugs out and putting some gas and oil mix in the cyclers and let it set a day or two and then try a rench on it but were ?
    Any I dears ???:?:

2. phsncatalina

phsncatalina New Member

Does the starter ingauge? I fired mine up yesterday after a similar time period and I had to remove the starter, lube it up, and manually free the little pinion gear because it had rusted and froze to shaft. Additionally, I put a wrench on the main pulley and rotated it by hand a couple times first. Still nothing...even with at 75amp charger/started attached...Then I replaced the battery...and finally...vavroomm....now I'm just trying to figure out why its so sluggish after the wait...

3. mutineer60

mutineer60 New Member

Thanks for your help,But !

well the statrers OK the motor won't turn buy hand . I don't know were to salfey put a rench on the fround of the motor? the frount of the crank is covered with the frount mount to the deck,were elce can I put it ?? Tom

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.