I want to design a boat what software can i use for my computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by giancarlolahoz, Feb 20, 2005.

1. giancarlolahoz

giancarlolahoz New Member

I want to build a boat but im tired of drawing plans by hand what software can i use in order to do it in my computer

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

First, start by visiting each site linked in this post and download a demo for each and see which one fits your needs and preferences the best: http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/showpost.php?p=181&postcount=1 Note that some like Prosurf and Rhino are very affordable, while others cost quite a lot, but it will still be worthwhile for you to see the playing field of what's possible before ultimately selecting your software of choice.

3. giancarlolahoz

giancarlolahoz New Member

Thank You ver much

4. Danielsan

Danielsan Amateur designer-builder?

I use Solidworks2001, depending upon what you would like to draw this works relatively fine. AS for now I even found a way to put in place exact glass lay-up Layer by layer by only changing one item. So the exact weight division can be calculated and is handy to export in a excel sheet to make qty. and cost estimate.

PS I am not a pro and only do this for fun, so my "experience" may be subjective :?:

Greetz,

5. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.