How can an American buy a CHEAP house in 3rd World?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Squidly-Diddly, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

An Australian from the government broadcaster (ABC) Can't remember the name. Trying to be funny, obviously playing to the left-leaning audience, but I was a little surprised he didn't rescind it, no-one cared enough to complain apparently. Had he said something that put down Indian taxi drivers, who have appeared here in droves, the phones would have rung off the hook crying racism.

2. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Oh... should have remembered you're in Australia. I can think of a few professional celebrities here who would say such a thing, but they don't have their own radio programs.

As far as taxis go, I can tell you this: I'd rob liquor stores before I'd drive a taxi for a living. Better hours and safer working conditions...

3. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Prejudice against whites or americans, isn't discrimination. In the view point of those who feel that way, it's merely justice.
    Maybe one day we'll all live in peace and mutual respect?
    Nah! Ain't happening. People will always be people. A tiger can't change his stripes.

4. Mr Efficiency

Criticize a nationality and you are on a lot safer ground if they are of the same or similar ethnicity, if not, you invite upon yourself ignominy. I'm not sure how reasonable that is.

5. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Living is a once striving third world country now reduced to a typical African settlement strive with racism towards minorities, fraud, corruption, murder, **** failed infrastructures with sewage waste in the open in most towns, some even littering streets, etc etc, I stayed in the shadows and watch this thread plays out. Even left Fanie to fend for himself early in the show....

For starters, I'd been around - USA twice, twice to Australia, Indonesia, England to name some and everywhere I found racism and in some cases religious racism. Funny, the biggest callers for sanctions against the old South African government, are the greatest sinners in this regard, and preaching the opposite to others. Now that they had created a monster, they do not feed it, and cowardly stepped into the twilight.

Reading the two early comments by Pistonbroke was a laugh; Australians have the indigenous aborigines which they frown upon, not really wanting them into society because they are "ancient" and looks not like a white - best left them to wander semi-naked about in the outback deserts playing their didgeridoos and talking to their ancestors. In short, Australians in general are big racists - been there, seen it and experienced it. So Piston, calm down...

OTOH, the few Yankees that made some noises about racism - is it not your government that built reserves for the Indians that are native to the lands you now occupied? They were there long before Columbus.

About England I would keep a tight lip safe for this; you were the guardian angels for the then terrorist anc boarding them to do terrorist attacks on innocent citizens in SA killing many even their own. Not to mention the sanctions imposed on us.
    But, there is a saying "What goes around come around" and from a white 60' / 70's Britain you have gone to a semi African state with all the blacks you had let in and now you tied up visa requirements for Africans. To late, harm is done and I wish you well with the baby you created. Some of your famous cities are now reduced to black townships and recent rioting is a testament of what you are to experience more often, like it or not. Just one word of caution; African blacks do not ask, they demand. Also wish you well with your Pakistani problem.

Racism is a fact of life. People like to stick to their kind and that is no sin - just look at the animal kingdom - a bird is a bird and still they flock together to their kind for example.
    I personally is not a racist but consider myself as trueborn (true to one's race) and so are the majority of the white minority of SA and that is not a sin or crime either.

Blacks behave different to us Caucasian culture and that is the very reason we distance ourselves from them socially. They are most of the time noisy and behave "strangely" to what we are accustomed to. Just look at the typical black musician in the USA or elsewhere (same here - it must be the genes) with their rap crap, body language/manners etc. It is my and every one else prerogative to distance us from such people - does that make one racist? If so, I would gladly accept the label rather than to be associated with such persons.

But back to the thread;)

This Hoyt is very true in my country. Only the coastal towns shows progress and the only true metropolitan city with well being and order (working infrastructures) is Cape Town and perhaps worth mentioning that is is the only city in SA still run by whites and the anc is trying its utmost best to claim control to destroy it as is evident/fact in the rest of the country.

It mystifies my mind why the original #1 poster would want to move to a third world country. Rather stay in your country and find a backwards town somewhere in the rural areas and makes it your home - and you are still not far away from civilization need you want to return to sanity....and no paperwork, red tape and borders to cross :)

1 person likes this.
  6. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Two reasons I can think of are simplicity and lower cost of living.

The more a country develops, taxes go up and up and up.
    And paperwork gets ridiculous to build anything, to put in a dock or mooring, sheet piling, dig a pond, put in a drainage ditch, you name it.

7. Mr Efficiency

Home is where the heart is.

8. Yobarnacle

Absolutely.
    I like Mexico. But if it weren't for my wife and inlaws, I probably wouldn't be here.

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Animals are racist, they never mix with each other and even eat each other

I would never eat a pakistani even though the Chinese resteraunts found out they taste like chicken.

Personally I am not racist at all but would never let my daughter marry a big black guy but I do have a sense of humor like my neighbors who are Thia and some are very nice.

Incidentally the American fleet seems to be in town at the moment lots of big black guys walking about and the girls are screeming insults at them like, 'come here choco-lat man I want go with you'
    Disgusting racism but the black guys love it.

Racism is in your head. I should know ive lived in another country all my life.

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I thought the VDO of American marines pissing on the bodies of dead Afghanistanis was pretty racist, did that reach American TV.

Big news on BBC US has identified 2 of them barracked in North Carolina and Hillary is not amused. Not even in the slightest.

11. masalai

masalai masalai

S-D (post #1) if you have to ask, you will not make it. - (survive in 'assimilated' comfort)... find an uninhabited island? or, buy a boat and slowly cruise and learn the local languages...

12. masalai

masalai masalai

That urinating vdo made front page of several newspapers and TV newscasts - retribution is in the wind....

13. BPL

BPL Senior Member

I doubt we will see House-Hunters-Afghanistan any time soon. Would be nice if it became peaceful, but it will be decades I'm afraid.

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

yes-- I think you nailed that one Mas --if you have to ask you aint gonna make it.

15. Yobarnacle

Yes, the marines were acting despicably and I'd wager will be charged and punished. Whenever you or anyone judges a whole culture, or race, or nation, by the acts of a few degenerates, you are unjust, too quick to condemn, and a hate monger if you publish and try to convince others of the validity of your prejudice.
    So how much nobler is this hatefull atitude than those that defiled the dead?