Help!! What is this mini-boat? Addictor?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by jasles1, Mar 23, 2017.

1. jasles1

jasles1 New Member

It wound up in Tampa, Florida. Any idea as to the history or the value? Seems like it was produced after Addictor went out of business? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

It may very well have been built after Addictor went out of business. It's very common to sell the molds after a company goes belly up, so this may be just that, though it would also have a HIN, if produced by a reputable builder. The HIN prefix would show the manufacture, if none is seen, you have a ******* and might have some difficulty getting her registered and titled again. Most of the time, if the previous "FL" number comes up clean, you can just apply for a new title and registration, after a few hoops are jumped through in our state. Personally I don't see much to redeem on this little puppy, but to each their own I guess.

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

That may be one of the old Disney boats. Back in the 80's Disney had a whole fleet of little boats just like that one. I was visiting Underwriters Laboratories when they were testing some of them. I don't recall who made them but it could have been Addictor.

4. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Way back in time, Cypress Gardens (WInter Haven Florida tourist attraction) had a whole fleet of boats of that general type. That could possibly be one of them.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.