Help me! (Re: Hydromax)

Discussion in 'Software' started by kreg, Jun 7, 2004.

1. kreg

kreg Junior Member

Excuse me for my bad English but i'm Italian. I need help in order to learn hydromax. I must analyze the stability of a boat for my final studies in architecture.
    where I can find tutorials about hydromax.
    thanks.

2. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Kreg

Please log on to the Maxsurf Academic website (http://msacademic.formsys.com) and go to the tutorials page. I have added the Hydromax training documentation, split up into three separate pdf files. Hope this helps.

3. kreg

kreg Junior Member

ok...
    thanks......
    i can ask you if you have also the training of hullspeed?

4. Andrew Mason

Hullspeed Tutorial

I've posted a brief Hullspeed training document, it is fairly simple, but Hullspeed is a pretty simple program.

5. kreg

kreg Junior Member

good, i can only say you thanks

6. fede

fede Senior Member

Hi , I just received my upgrade copy to MS 10 it seems it's still not able to correctly import trimmed surfaces coming from rhino...am I correct? I might be making some mistakes in the process of saving and importing.

Hei Kreg, contact me, I'm a yacht design student from Italy too and would like to get in touch with other people with the same interest.

7. Andrew Mason

Fede

For the moment you have to retrim in Maxsurf. The reason is that we do dynamic trimming between surfaces, whereas the IGES format simply records the trimming for each surface, it has no idea that the trimming originated because some other surface was intersecting it. As a result it is difficult for us to reconstruct the trimming from an IGES file.

We are working on being able to trim to arbitrary curves in a surface rather than purely surface/surface intersections, this loses the dynamic nature of the trimming but will allow correct trimmed surface importation via IGES.

regards

Andrew

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.