Goota love the Afgan sense of sensibilities

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by watchkeeper, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I know that Bill Clinton and Adolf Hitler have one thing in common: They both bombed Serbia on Easter Sunday.

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

These soldiers are human beings, they are not supermen - that's agreed. It is also true that it is a profession for them, a job they have they have voluntarily chosen. The fact that professional soldiers cannot maintain a required discipline and moral attitude under such conditions should tell us a lots about how destructive a war is, well beyond just lost lives and destroyed cities. These guys' psychological condition should be evaluated before they get back into the civil society. I believe they will need an assistance and probably a re-education too, for their good.

I am well aware this is one of those topics which can cause very heated and ugly discussions, so I'll restrain from further commenting. I've more or less said what I think about wars and it's implications.

Cheers folks

3. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

I like Allen West's take on the self-righteous, indignent armchair quarterbacks complaining about this tempest in a teapot.

CLICKEY

4. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Who the hell are you calling armchair quarterbacks ?

5. erik818

erik818 Senior Member

Hoyt,

A person in a military uniform represents his country, not himself. I don't want to debate if "ambassador" can be used in with a wider meaning; it's your language, not mine. I´m still relieved those soldiers are not Swedish, but if they were I would still be disgusted and wouldn't excuse them. I don't understand why some people feel a need to do that.

Erik

6. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

Whoever fits the description.
    I am agreeing with Rep. Allen West when he refers to the outrage and condemnation expressed by certain individuals in media and politics as well as other self righteous activists that were quiet when our people were being gutted, beheaded and burned.

7. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Nobody was quite when Americans were harmed and everyone in the world has watched in Awe as the United States and its people went on vengeance rampage , starting two unnecessary wars and killing thousands and thousands of innocent civilians.

Your view of these American soldiers poor behavior is regrettable.

8. hoytedow

So do I.

9. BPL

BPL Senior Member

We have killing and we have peeing on.

The video was real stupid. The desecration doesn't hurt the already dead combatant bodies, but the video hurts their families and that's not right.

10. hoytedow

War is diplomacy by other means
    Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz

Maybe if some 7th century heathen dragged your countryman's body through the streets and strung it from a high place you wouldn't see it the way you do now.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2f30af0d52

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.
    William Tecumseh Sherman

11. Poida

Poida Senior Member

I thought Americans are supposed to scalp their enemy after killing them.

Poida

12. hoytedow

13. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

(referring to cremated remains of US servicemen-)

Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, replied to a reporter’s question about whether it was morally objectionable to dispose of remains in a landfill by saying he “doesn’t know what right looks like in that regard”(from http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-of-the-dead/2011/11/13/gIQArtRgPN_story.html)

(the practice of dumping cremated remains in a landfill has been stopped)

If the CJCS doesn't know how to treat the dead, how is the grunt supposed to know? Maybe the first dead people the soldiers had ever seen? Haven't watched the video, and I won't, either.

Hopefully these bozos will be fulfilling their scatological fantasies cleaning latrines for the duration of their tours. They can work for mortuary affairs when the latrines are all clean.

14. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

Rep. West called for maximum Article 15 field grade disipline for the offenders. I agree with this part of his letter as well. Try to keep up.

15. Roly

Roly Senior Member

Just another pebble on the coffin of Americas war on terrorism and oppression.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.