Glen L book on Inboards- Recommend or not ?

Discussion in 'Inboards' started by preventec47, Aug 7, 2016.

1. preventec47

preventec47 Junior Member

Considering I am using an industrial V-Twin engine ( Kohler 25hp ) in a small
    boat... will this book contain only useful info for larger commercial established
    systems ?

Any other suggestions for education ?

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Are you making an outboard or mounting the engine openly on deck? Otherwise, it is really hard to have enough air circulation to keep the temperature down on an air cooled engine.

3. preventec47

preventec47 Junior Member

I am highly inspired by these guys and would duplicate if I knew how they did theirs

Attached Files:

4. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Your local Library should have a copy. All of their books I have are very informative.

5. Barry

Barry Senior Member

While such a engine/boat combination is buildable, the engine will probably not meet ABYC requirements for items such as: a carb flame arrestor, proper fuel pump where in the case of a diaphragm failure the fuel will go back into the carb, not sure if the mag might have an exposed to atmosphere spark, heating might be an issue has Gonzo has stated.
    It might be hard to get insurance on such a craft
    You really have to careful with the fuel system

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.