Fusion 360 Stability plugin interest?

Discussion in 'Software' started by sensea, Oct 28, 2018.

1. sensea

sensea New Member

Wondering is any interest in someone writing a stability calculations plugin/add-on for Autodesk Fusion 360?

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I have a complete package of naval architecture software, including stability calculations, that runs in the AutoCAD environment. Could you be interested?

3. sensea

sensea New Member

Appreciate your quick reply. The software on your website shows many interesting features.
    My understanding is that AutoDesk Fusion 360, Inventor, and traditional AutoCAD have different programmatic interfaces.
    Can the TANsl ARQN software be run directly within Fusion 360 on say a (solid) body?, i.e. without have to export the model?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

ARQN software can create, almost automatically, starting from the traditional body lines plan in 2D, a solid model of the hull, in dwg format, which can be exported in igs, dxf format to any other CAD / CAM software.
    The exchange between the various programs of Autodesk does not offer any problem.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.